Software Engineer II
Posted on 1/12/2023
Remote in USA
Ruby on Rails
- You work with empathy for your coworkers, stakeholders and users
- You are excited to work cross-functionally with a variety of people and ideas
- You work directly with stakeholders to design solutions and drive the technical decisions for delivery
- You proactively keep up with technology trends and can assess technical trade-offs between solutions across service boundaries
- You care about writing quality software and recognize that there are often many right answers
- You are excited about the challenge of learning new technologies and context
- You are enthusiastic about providing the best possible care for our members
- Build and integrate a combination of home-grown and purchased tools to optimize our sales, marketing, and enrollment processes. You will have a direct impact on business outcomes through the improvement of existing or implementation of new solutions in close partnership with product and business stakeholders
- You will be responsible for end-to-end software delivery; participation in architecture, developing the design, implementation, maintenance and support
- Solve technical problems over a wide array of systems, processes, and technologies
- Mentor and learn from teammates. Pair program. Train and collaborate with developers in how to write great quality code and solve problems effectively
- Research, adopt, and advocate for new technologies
- Proficiency with a front-end framework like React, Vue, or Angular. All of us work up and down the stack, from styling to deployment
- Deep experience with one or more MVC web application frameworks - think Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix, etc. Rails experience is a big plus
- 3+ years of experience building high quality production web applications following an agile/scrum development process
- Experience working with relational databases, modeling data, and optimizing queries
- Experience building scalable, observable, and secure APIs
- Familiarity with microservices and event-driven architecture concepts. Experience decomposing monolith applications is a plus
- Be self-organizing and able to dissect complex problems, seek to understand, make decisions based on data, collaborate and iterate incrementally, review, communicate and prepare next steps - driving positive outcomes
- Be able to quickly come up to speed on new domains and the business processes it supports. Offer suggestions for improvements when you see inefficiencies
- Be curious and always looking to improve your craft. Familiarity with best practices and industry trends; especially around code quality, observability, performance, security, object oriented design patterns and their application. Willingness to level up others and being open to learning new things, promoting psychological safety
- Effective communication, both with engineering peers and non-technical business users, at the right level of abstraction. Comfortable articulating tradeoffs and rationale, raising risks and offering mitigation ideas
- The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, such as the candidate's skills and experience, and other business considerations
Digital care solution
Omada aims to inspire people to make lasting health changes on their own terms. They partner with health plans and employers to equip members with personalized tools, resources, and support to improve their health one step at a time.
- Remote first - Join Omada from anywhere in the US. No matter where you’re located, we budget for travel so your team can come together.
- Flexible vacation - Invest in yourself and your loved ones with flexible time away and monthly wellness days.
- Parental leave - We support all new parents with competitive leave policies and flexible schedules upon return.
- Omada program - Join our best-in-class program to reach your health goals, and invite a loved one to join you too.
- Meeting-free days - Every Wednesday afternoon, we observe company-wide focus time with nothing on the calendar.
- Resources to thrive - Invest in inclusion with resource groups, equity training, and a cross-functional team dedicated to belonging.
Company Core Values
- Seek context
- Act boldly
- Deliver results
- Succeed together
- Remember why we're here
- Start with trust