Foster City, California
6 month growth↓ -20%
1 year growth↓ -19%
2 year growth↓ -15%
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Direct experience of Go, Kubernetes and AWS (beneficial)
- Fundamentals of good programming and software engineering
- Experience developing highly-available, scalable web applications (beneficial)
- Solving challenging problems for many players
- Treating software development as a craft
- Building high-quality software using best practices
- Sharing ideas and listening to others
- Working as part of a team
- Learning and teaching
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for someone with a Computer Science degree or equivalent, who cares about games, and likes solving challenging problems for many players. Someone who gets satisfaction from treating software development as a craft, building to a high quality and using best practices. Someone thoughtful, who can talk about their own ideas and listen to those of others. Someone who likes to be part of a team, to learn, and to teach.
What we are looking for:
- Direct experience of Go, Kubernetes and AWS are beneficial
- Most important are the fundamentals of good programming and software engineering, ie. interest and familiarity with some of: object-oriented programming and common design patterns; data structures and efficient algorithms; programming in a concise and idiomatic style; application architecture and structuring software into clear areas of responsibility; and designing for concurrency and resilience
- Experience developing highly-available, scalable web applications is beneficial
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
“Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights”
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.