Senior Sales Engineer
Posted on 10/15/2022
Orlando, FL, USA • Tampa, FL, USA • Miami, FL, USA • Melbourne, FL...
- 7+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate complex ideas to all levels of the business
- Strong technical fundamentals in a relevant part of IT or Security markets (examples include networking, systems administration, development, application management, operations, etc.)
- Familiarity with programming or scripting a plus (e.g. C/C++, Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of “Big Data” technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra) a plus
- Should be available to travel to visit prospects and customers in the region
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our expanding and dynamic Team
- You live in Florida
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Partner with the regional sales team to develop strategic and technical account and territory plans
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk's products and solutions to customers either on-site or remotely, with a focus on value-based differentiators
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base
- IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
Company Core Values
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.