Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are looking for a forward thinking and highly motivated team player to join our SEC reporting and technical accounting team. As the Senior Technical Accounting Analyst you will report directly to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting, and will help assess the accounting and controllership considerations on potential transactions, discuss and document those assessments with internal and external stakeholders, participate in financial due diligence, and ensure transactions are properly accounted for and monitored by the Company. You’ll collaborate closely with our Strategy and Corporate Development team to assist them in understanding and, where permissible, optimizing financial statement implications, and to develop policies and training that are accurate, informative and easy to apply. In addition, you will support the SEC reporting team during quarter close and in assessing the impact of new accounting and reporting guidance.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from USA AND/OR Onsite at our Scottsdale, AZ office
Reports to: Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
- Participate on cross-functional teams as a representative of the Finance organization in evaluating the accounting for potential strategic transactions being considered by the Company.
- Create technical memoranda, accounting policies and training, and other documentation to address material transactions/events to support the accounting, based on research and analysis of authoritative and interpretative guidance, to current and future internal users and auditors.
- Articulate issues and recommendations in a crisp and concise manner to both financial and non-financial stakeholders to enable better decision-making.
- Establish, maintain, and provide expertise on current and upcoming U.S. GAAP, including related to acquisitions, strategic investments, financial instruments, related-party activities, compensation, and related presentation and disclosure.
- Lead and/or contribute to relevant projects on behalf of the accounting team, such as acquisitions or other strategic investments and new accounting pronouncements.
- Assist in the integration of acquisitions and strategic partnerships in partnership with other teams within accounting and finance.
- Assist in the preparation and tie out of Forms 8-K, 10-Q, and 10-K.
- Participate in periodic review of significant contracts.
- Proactively monitor and operate a robust internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley or similar requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments to support company initiatives.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or similar field required
- 2-4 years of experience in financial reporting, auditing, or accounting
- CPA designation or eligibility strongly preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements; in particular ASC 606, ASC 321 ASC 805 and ASC 810
- Strong Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Ability to research technical accounting matters and prepare-well written memorandums and presentations articulating these matters to both well versed accountants and non-finance stakeholders
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) experience and the ability to implement business processes required to ensure compliance with its tenets
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 70,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 140,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 110,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 160,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.