Posted on 2/1/2022
Remote in USA • Remote
- Collaborating with sales and customers to analyze problems and assess needs
- Data readiness assessments for customers
- Learning a new programming language or data science technique - we continually build our skills and explore new things
- Building, testing, and deploying supervised or unsupervised learning models
- Writing data analysis reports for internal use
- Building tools to enable other data scientists to scale their knowledge and increase impact
- Working with customers to develop analyses that help them solve business problems and drive value
- Building and deploying models to cloud based solutions for customers
- Presenting exploratory and modeling results to a customer
- Azure Deployment experience is a Must!Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field3-5 years experience, preferably in an analytical and client facing rolePassion for data science! We want candidates who love data science and are excited about what they do.Some ways previous successful candidates have demonstrated this are by: Writing relevant blog posts and/or articles.Participating in relevant online communities.Expressing detailed knowledge of and genuine interest in Uptake's unique methods, products, data, and technology within a cover letter.Ability to write sophisticated machine learning and data analysis code in Python or RSome ways previous successful candidates have demonstrated this are by: Contributing to influential Open Source Projects like sklearn, XGBoost, tidyverse, Tensorflow, pytorch, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch etc
Uptake’s mission is to help people and machines work better, smarter and safer. Its products deliver high-impact results for customers in the form of increased uptime of wind turbines, enhanced safety and reliability of public transit fleets, and reduced carbon emissions of locomotives, to name a few.
- Time Away - Need a mental break? Go ahead, take it! Here at Uptake we practice mindfulness. We expect you to know when and how you operate at your best. We also trust you to know what time off you need, and to not leave your team members hanging in the process.
- Continuous Learning - We’re on a constant quest to learn. Join us! Enroll in internal classes or external events of your choice. Our professional and personal development program is always growing. From data science 101 to hackathons. From public speaking to conscious leadership.
- Holistic Health - Being healthy means something different for everyone. We advocate well-being inside and out. We offer gym and studio discounts as well as on-site finance, massage, and meditation classes.
- Progressive Benefits - We’re proud to offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance - in addition to health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts and commuter spending accounts. And Uptake doesn’t just offer a 401(k) - we offer a match as well.
- Family Oriented - We’re all about family. We provide parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers – birth or adoption. Our medical plan even offers a Special Beginnings program to get expectant parents and their children off to a healthy start with ongoing education, guidance and support.
- Uptake University - We launched our own in-house education program to promote ongoing learning and development. All of our employees have access to Uptake U. Choose from a diverse array of course topics and material, enroll for intriguing classes that compel you, and track your progress throughout.
- [email protected] - Our culture is diverse and inclusive. All Uptakers can be their unique selves at work. Our employee-led communities bring together people who are passionate about a common cause, including Engineering Alliance, Latinx, Open Source Software, Parents, Pride, Science, and Women. All actively give back to the Chicago community
- Social Responsibility - We invest our time, talent and energy into our philanthropic and civic innovation arm. We create real solutions that help nonprofits and civic organizations solve problems in the social sector. Join us by participating in projects, mentoring data fellows and engaging in meaningful volunteerism.
Company Core Values
- Clarity - We’re open, clear, direct, and empathetic in our communications. We strive to take the most complex issues and simplify.
- Curiosity - We respect other viewpoints different from our own, seek to learn more, and see the situation from all angles. We know no bounds. We question, hunt, study, examine, observe, and search.
- Grit - We persevere in the pursuit of meaningful goals and have the ability to bounce back from setbacks. We embrace problems, and we invite change. We roll up our sleeves and dive in with unbridled commitment.