Android Systems Software
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Diego, CA, USA
Quality Assurance (QA)
- Bachelors with 5+ years of relevant industry experience, or Masters with 3+ years or PhD with 0 years in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ with in-depth understanding of OS concepts. Hands on experience in developing latency-critical software
- Strong understanding of RTOS, ARM architecture, multiprocessor communication mechanism
- Experience in Android/Linux device driver implementations
- Experience with software integration on Android platforms, identify performance bottlenecks in the system and take ownership of the related optimizations
- Ability to work with cross functional development (HW and SW) and Quality Assurance (QA) teams to diagnose/root-cause issues and deliver best in class AP solutions
- Excellent communication skills with a strong analytical approach to problem-solving
- A strong team player, self-motivated and positive attitude
- Knowledgeable in Android power management, system IO or Security for mobile devices
- You're inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change
- Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. in San Diego and San Jose is looking for an experienced engineer to join the team responsible to commercialize the world-class Exynos Android AP software for next generation mobile platforms
- You will have a clear passion for writing quality code and will be working on the architecture and implementation of software across Android platform and Kernel software stack
- Location: Hybrid, working onsite at our San Diego, CA office 3 days a week, with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time
- Job ID: 41425
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.