Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Pleasanton, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- PhD or MS plus equivalent experience in a quantitative field (e.g., computer science, bioengineering, electrical engineering, physics, computational/systems biology or related field)
- Image processing: segmentation, object detection & classification, feature extraction, and registration - you have a deep understanding of both historical and cutting-edge methods (not everything is deep learning) and the ability to choose the right tool for the job
- General purpose machine learning skills: classification, fitting & regression, optimization methods
- Ability to quickly develop custom analysis methods and algorithms and apply them to large data sets
- Expert level experience in relevant tooling, e.g.: image analysis packages such as OpenCV and ITK; ML tools such as Pytorch and Tensorflow; and compiled programming languages such as C++ or Rust
- Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution
- Collaborate with colleagues to understand often ill-defined image analysis problems. As an image analysis expert, you will help your colleagues refine the problem and understand trade-offs such as full automation versus reproducibility versus development cost
- You will select from state-of-the-art methods, both old and new, rapidly implement, test, optimize, and verify those methods
- You will develop models or simulations to understand, test, and communicate key trade-offs
- You will help select and develop methods for quantitatively measuring success of the algorithms that you have developed
- Finally, you will create high-quality, robust implementations of production algorithms that will perform well in the hands of both internal and external customers
- Experience with microscopy is a plus
DNA sequencing insight platform
10x Genomics is on a mission to develop innovative instruments, reagents, and software that allow you to see your biological system at a resolution that matches its complexity. The company enables scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
Company Core Values
- We are mission driven and stay relentlessly focused on that mission.
- We operate from first principles.
- We strive for exponential impact.
- We put WE before ME.
- We believe exceptional talent delivers outsized results.