Software Engineer - Full Stack
Posted on 4/7/2022
Toronto, ON, Canada • Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Knowledge of Java, Golang, and/or Python
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming principles
- Understanding of domain driven design principles
- Solid knowledge of unit testing
- A passion for front end design and/or web application development
- BS/BA in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent years of experience
- 1+ years of experience as a full stack software engineer
- Contribute to Snap's engineering culture by working on shared libraries and systems
- Design new and optimize existing systems and participate in design reviews
- Follow high-quality design and implementation practices
- MS degree in a technical field
- Experience with ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar UI frameworks
- Experience with Web GL, Canvas
- Large-scale microservices and distributed systems
- Experience with NoSQL solutions, Memcache/Redis, Kubernetes, or Google/AWS services
Camera company focusing on multinational technology and social media
Snap is on a mission to empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The company's flagship product, Snapchat, is a camera-based social app that allows people to interact through images and videos.
- Paid maternity, paternity, and family caregiver leave
- Adoption, surrogacy, infertility, and fertility preservation benefits
- Backup child care coverage, caregiver assistance, and digital maternity care support
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Dental coverage, including orthodontia benefits
- Vision coverage, including LASIK benefits
- Gym perks and discounts
- Team fitness classes, hikes, and races
- Sports leagues
- Cooking and nutritional workshops
- Generous time off and leave programs
- Emotional and mental health support programs and apps
- Social gatherings, team outings, and volunteering programs
- 401(k) plan
- Compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Company Core Values
- We Are Kind: We operate with courage, show empathy, and instill trust through honesty and integrity.
- We Are Smart: We solve problems through action, make high-quality decisions, and think with a strategic mindset.
- We Are Creative: We gracefully manage ambiguity, cultivate innovation, and demonstrate an insatiable desire to learn.