Design Systems Lead
Posted on 3/17/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
- Experienced with 5+ years of professional experience working directly on design systems on multiple surfaces. You have worked with front-end developers who use CSS, HTML, C++ (Lua experience ) and you have experience working with web frameworks (React, iOS, Android, and HTML)
- A Leader that will promote quality and consistency across our system, and you will take the lead to solve tough problems
- A Manager that has professional experience with coaching and improving staff
- Collaborative you'll share work early and often and encourage peers to find constructive feedback from their manager, partners and the broader Product Design team
- Investigative: You'll use product goals from both a company and user's perspective, promoting a learning culture within the Product team
- Creative: You'll find solutions that use existing frameworks to creatively produce new styles and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox's products
- Detailed and you'll compose detailed and user-friendly documentation and you value organizing
- Expert: You are a Figma master you'll guide others
- Create a strategy and plan to move our design system efforts to the next level, based your understanding of the unique requirements, opportunities, and constraints here at Roblox
- Lead a team of design systems specialists who will work on both player and creator-facing elements of the product
- Build components for our design system using the latest industry-leading tools like Figma
- Work with Design and Product leadership to bring designs from concept to implementation
- Work with Engineering to guarantee a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Build tools and plugins and focus on how to constantly improve context and clarity throughout the organization
- Report to the VP of Design
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done