Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We’ve reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We’re changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We’re a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values
; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront’s office locations.
Come join Newfront’s Accounting/Finance Team. We are a group that is passionate about numbers! We work collaboratively within our group and also with creative, expert teams across the organization. We are committed to the professional development of our team members. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager role will be responsible for U.S. GAAP Accounting and reporting, assisting in improving existing processes and implementing new procedures.
This position is a full-time, exempt role. This position is located in Newfront’s Office in San Mateo, CA with a hybrid remote schedule.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Manage and provide guidance on ASC 606 and develop a deep understanding of Newfront’s revenue recognition policy and monthly revenue processes.
- Ensure accounting procedures are in line with GAAP Accounting.
- Review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, and ensure timely and accurate closing of the books.
- Assist in coordinating and overseeing execution of month-end close and consolidation processes.
- Work with other functional groups to identify, recommend and implement automated processes.
- Provide assistance in implementation of new tools and enhancements in our newly implemented NetSuite ERP system.
- Support financial statement audits, bank audits, and tax audits, tax return preparation.
- Complete ad hoc reporting and projects.
- Identify ways to build the accounting team as a mentor and coach, focusing on development, growth, and participation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting.
- 6+ years of experience in accounting, with a strong knowledge of GAAP Principles and general accounting knowledge.
- Experience in implementing process improvements for various areas of the GL, month-end close, consolidation, ERP system, etc.
- Must work well with others in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues; ability to work independently, take initiative and create solutions.
- Must have experience as a member of a team or a leader implementing internal control and process improvements.
- Professional and positive communication skills; ability to clearly explain accounting concepts to non-accounting people.
- Proficient analytical and organizational skills for problem solving and innovation.
- Must be very good at “the basics”, but also willing to speak up and lead change while the company continues to grow.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and to be flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, as well as use of the Internet. Ability to learn and implement other programs quickly and efficiently.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- CPA license is preferred.
- Background in public companies and/or pre-IPO/high growth companies is a plus, but not required.
- Insurance brokerage experience preferred, but not required.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at the commencement of employment is expected to be between $96,500-$120,600/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position,” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected]