Market Research VP/SVP
Platform & Technology Clients
Posted on 3/12/2022
- 8+ years' experience working in consumer insights, consumer research, or in an analyst/strategy role at a media/technology company (ideally some combination thereof, but supplier side experience a must.)
- Degree-level qualification with a strong academic record, ideally in a field such as business, marketing, market research or social science
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, and written and visual communication skills
- Experience with the following data analysis techniques: statistical significance testing, correlations analysis, multivariate analysis techniques (such as cluster/segmentation analysis) and conjoint and discrete choice analysis. Ability to apply techniques a plus, but not required
- Strong interest and experience in technology and social media
- Passionate about data-driven approach and can think strategically to draw out big picture correlations, predictions, and recommendations
- Strong storytelling and data visualization capabilities
- Ability to drive thought leadership research to help build NRG's profile as a trusted and innovative research provider in the technology space
- This is an end-to-end leadership role, but strong business/account development background is imperative, along with well-developed research acumen
- The optimal candidate will bring a portfolio of client relationships at major technology companies, along with leveraging NRG's existing client network
- Internally-motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered
- Critical thinker, able to respond to complex questions from clients and lead the development of research plans, and deliver game-changing insights
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively
- Passion for research and, in particular, custom projects, in multiple areas of specialization/across the product and services lifecycle
- Upholding and showing leadership around NRG's core values of excellence, innovation, collaboration, enthusiasm, and grit
- Provide account development, management, and team leadership for a range of technology clients
- Help set the vision for a team that will deliver best-in-class, highly consultative research to its clients, while disrupting traditional approaches to research
- Lead team execution and timely delivery on all aspects of primary research, including both qualitative and quantitative methods, with a strong emphasis on delivering innovative insights and results with impact
- Develop, grow, and manage relationships with clients
- Coach, manage, motivate, and inspire a team of exceptional researchers to deliver best in class programs, and continue to build out an extraordinary team via adept talent identification and recruitment
- Anticipate client needs through intimate familiarity with their business, and their unique challenges/opportunities
- Proactively engage with clients on a continual basis to help foster a sense of partnership and to generate business opportunity
- Work collaboratively with the larger data processing / data sciences / development teams to constantly optimize and develop products, service models, and execution. Maintain a constant emphasis on improvement and innovation in order to demonstrate lasting value
- Serve as a trusted expert in technology and other trends impacting the technology industry, staying abreast of product, service, and competitive developments
Data driven insights & strategic consultation
National Research Group's mission is to provide insights through well-designed research that leads to creative strategies to create stronger connections with customers. They synthesize disparate data into memorable, easy to understand and actionable narratives that empower clients to make informed decisions.
Company Core Values
- Excellence - Excellence is an unrelenting curiosity to push the limits of what’s possible in the world of content, culture and technology. The drive for preeminence touches every part of everything that we do.
- Innovation - From our approach to problem solving, to the cutting-edge solutions we’re known for, we’re catalysts of industry disruption. Innovation is in our DNA.
- Collaboration - We work collectively as a team across disciplines, learning from and inspiring each other through collaboration. The best insights stem from diverse perspectives and deep dialogue.
- Enthusiasm - We play at the intersection of creativity and science, with passion and rigor. Enthusiasm for what we do propels us to apply fresh thinking to big challenges.
- Grit - Grit and confidence in our way of thinking enables us to stay ahead of fast-changing industries. We stand by the things that matter most and aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to realize the best results.