Senior Data Scientist
Posted on 2/12/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Act as the DS lead on two new ad formats, analyzing ad performance & engagement to drive tactical & strategic decisions
- Collaborate with product teams on all aspects of development - everything from product ideation to experiment analysis to KPI reporting
- Organize data by designing table schemas, data pipelines, aggregations, alerts and general data infrastructure for the Ads Organization
- Be an integral part of the Data Org (consisting of Data Science, Data Engineering, Experimentation, and Core ML), leveraging and contributing to the vibrant knowledge base, shared across a community of world-class data experts
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- Influence and guide product strategy with data
- Able to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Proficiency with dashboarding tools (e.g. Mode Analytics, Tableau, Looker)
- Experience in online advertising
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.