With more than 450 talented staff, in 21 offices, AMT is growing and is seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Water Resources Engineer to join our growing team of design professionals in our Rockville or Towson, MD office.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on challenging projects, develop your career, and seek advancement as a Water Resources Engineer. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity for significant challenges and rewards. In addition to supporting projects in their assigned office, the candidate may be involved with other AMT offices and project opportunities.
We provide an Excellent Work / Life Balance and an opportunity to work a Hybrid (Combination of Office and Remote) schedule.
- Collect and Analyze date for mapping and reporting
- Perform hydrology and hydraulic calculations
- Assist in the preparation of construction plans including SWM, erosion and sediment control and drainage design
- Assist in the preparation of engineering documents (plans, reports, cost estimates and specifications) for Permitting, Advertisement and Construction
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, project managers, supervisors, and other team members
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering with a focus in Water Resources
- Proficient with Microsoft Work and Excel
- Knowledge of hydrology and hydraulic modeling experience (drainage, SWM, floodplain) with commonly used software
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE/EIT) Exam preferred
- Design knowledge of ArcMap, MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent organizational, coordination and communication skills, both written and verbal
Why Join AMT?
At AMT, we understand that our most valuable asset is our staff. For 67 years, we have worked diligently to build a team of talented employees who fully embody our values as an organization – values such as teamwork, integrity, and innovation. Now that we have transitioned into an employee-owned firm, we are excited to place the future of AMT into nearly 475 sets of dedicated hands.
The AMT Difference
AMT’s company culture is characterized by a workforce that holds the highest standards of ethics and integrity, focused client care, and commitment to AMT’s Core Values of safety, respect, integrity, commitment, quality, teamwork. leadership, responsibility, and profitable growth.
Operating as an ESOP allows us to reward our dedicated and loyal employees with additional benefits from the company’s stock as well as an incentive to continue building a high-performance ownership culture. To strengthen and support its employees, AMT invests in programs and processes to sustain an engaging work environment. AMT also recognizes the importance of employee benefits and policies and remains committed to providing programs that are both comprehensive and competitive in the industry.
Competitive Benefit Package
To strengthen and support its employees, its greatest asset, AMT invests in programs and processes to sustain an engaging work environment. AMT also recognizes the importance of employee benefits and policies and remains committed to providing programs that are both comprehensive and competitive in the industry. With AMT, you will get:
• Tiered medical coverage
• Short- and long-term disability
• College savings plan
• Life insurance
• Paid time off