Senior Counsel, Global Privacy Office
Posted on 5/3/2022
San Carlos, CA, USA
- Responsible for providing high quality data privacy and commercial compliance advice and support to colleagues at all levels within the business regarding data privacy legislation
- Support business unit attorneys with respect to privacy issues in contract negotiations and client relationships
- Provide legal guidance on privacy impact assessments
- Assist with privacy and security training for Visa's workforce
- Assist with incident response, including security breach notifications
- Monitor legal developments, such as new laws or regulatory guidance, and providing analysis of same as needed to the business units
- Coordinate with Visa's policy teams to draft position papers and related materials
- 3-7 years experience in a law firm and/or in house environments
- Juris Doctor degree or foreign equivalent
- Admission to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- Experience in the payments industry; and
- One or more CIPP certification(s)
- Experience providing practical advice to clients on data use and privacy issues
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to interact well and build excellent working relationships with all levels of management
- A high level of self-motivation, initiative, and ability to operate effectively as a team player across different business units; and
- A passion to engage deeply with complex data use and privacy issues
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.