We are seeking a highly qualified Tax Manager to join our Tax team which is responsible for all tax related functions at Schonfeld. These include but are not limited to, tax compliance, research, and tax planning for the funds, the advisors as well as the family office. The Tax team works closely with various groups within the firm on a regular basis as well as with external parties such as service providers, investors, managers, and fund administrators. The identified candidate will bring a strong sense of personal responsibility and management skills to the role and have a passion for process improvement and relationship building.
What you’ll do
The Tax Manager will focus primarily on management company activities, responsible for day-to-day tax function of Schonfeld’s management companies and upper-tier family office structure. You will assist in the preparation of tax efficiency analyses/planning and review of various workpapers to be used primarily for U.S. federal and state & local tax filings as well as foreign informational filings. Strong knowledge of partnership tax concepts is required. You will manage external tax service providers. You will also coordinate and prepare ASC740 analyses for the management company, research new regulations and rulings, analyze the tax profile of operating in new jurisdictions, and assist with various ad-hoc assignments and special projects. The Tax Manager may also assist in estate planning and tax matters for the family office.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience, alternative investments asset managers preferred
- Experience with management companies and the various tax items that arise, such as:
- Payroll/Withholding/Taxable Fringe Benefits including multi-jurisdictional working
- Aircraft/Vehicles Business/Mixed Use
- Sales & Use Tax
- Foreign Tax Credit and K-3 reporting from foreign management company activities
- Basic Transfer Pricing
- Multi-State Tax Sourcing and Non-Resident Withholding
- Foreign Information Reporting Forms (Forms 8865, 5471, 8858, 8938)
- State Passthrough Entity Taxes
- State & Local Tangible/Business Property Tax Returns
- Strong knowledge of partnership and individual tax concepts with exposure to corporate income tax concepts (C-Corp and S-Corp)
- Excellent management skills including ability to prioritize and take ownership of multiple projects and workflows
- Process and detail oriented with a strong work ethic and team focused attitude
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in the business operating environment
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Detail oriented while also being able to see the “big picture”
- CPA and/or Masters in Tax preferred
- A mix of public accounting and private sector experience preferred
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within themarkets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $125,000 and $150,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.