Business Partner Process Improvement
Posted on 11/7/2023
Personalized healthcare technology solutions
Abarca is on a mission to revolutionize healthcare. The company believes that with smarter technology pharmacy benefits can be redefined. Through a combination of aggressive pharmacy network design, the right formulary and clinical programs, rebates, and competitive admin fees, Abaraca helps payers minimize costs while maximizing the health and healthcare experience for members.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 2%
1 year growth↑ 4%
2 year growth↑ 21%
Business & Strategy
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in Engineering, Business, Economics, or a related area. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in consulting, engineering, project management or managing teams.
- Experience with data analytics tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, Project Server).
- Experience applying Lean Six Sigma methodologies or application of other continuous improvement tools.
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, driving performance, and executing on deliverables while leveraging collaboration tools and techniques.
- Experience leveraging excellent communication to achieve commitment from stakeholders, good organizational skills for projects and problem-solving experience when issues arise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Provide advice to optimize business performance and assist in the development of the department’s strategy.
- Provide operational process improvements, identifying, analyzing and improving current business processes to optimize performance, meet best practices and improve quality.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of Capacity Analysis, Operational Process Improvements, Innovation Process Improvements, Kaizen Efforts, Process Assessments and Process Improvement Audits.
- Collaborate with other teams to automate processes, improve functionality, identify inefficiencies and areas for improvement, and drive advances that impact both, the team’s performance as well as the client expecting deliverables.
- Provide education, training and presentation of project updates, new processes, and tools for users.
- Serve as a mentor/coach for process improvement initiatives with your peers and business partners.
- Establish and implement management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet expectations. Especially important is meeting the client’s expectations.
- Collaborate with the sponsor to support scope definition, develop implementation plans, manage milestones, develop and carry out appropriate communication plans with stakeholders; you also develop relationships with cross-functional partners and align project timelines to ensure they are completed meeting client needs.
- Assemble project plans and teamwork assignments, direct and monitor day to day tasks, identify resources needed and escalate functional, resources and timeline issues appropriately.
- Track milestones and adjust plans and resources to meet client needs including scheduling and monitoring project deliverables.
- Coordinate communication with all areas that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the project.
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly progress reports to management and clients as needed.
- Provide oversight and leadership in executing projects from planning to completion to provide results to the business.
- Green Belt or Black Belt training and certification.
- PMI Credential (PMP, PgMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-SP, or PMI-RMP).
- Experience in health insurance or pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) setting managing projects.