REGENT is building the seaglider; the first electric flying machine that will transport commercial passengers. With a vehicle that never flies higher than a few meters off the water, we unlock the ability to fly twice as far as an electric aircraft, and certification by maritime authorities which will let us fly first passengers within 5 years.
We are actively hiring passionate team members who can help us get our vehicle to market as quickly and safely as possible. We are backed by the world’s best investors: the same investors who are behind SpaceX, Palantir, Boom Supersonic, and more. We have over $6B in provisional orders from some of the industry’s largest operators and are hitting the ground running.
Working at REGENT, you’ll be in a fast-paced environment with exciting new challenges daily and abundant opportunities for growth. Your coworkers are passionate about building zero-emission, high-speed seagliders that will revolutionize coastal transportation. Our small team works collaboratively and across disciplines to safely marry the latest technologies from aviation, aerospace and nautical engineering. REGENT offers competitive benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision plans as well as an employee equity incentive plan.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Vehicle Dynamics Modeling Engineer to join our team in modeling the behavior of a seaglider that floats, hydrofoils, and flies in ground effect over water. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in vehicle dynamics and environmental modeling, as well as experience in the design, development, and validation of high-fidelity models and simulations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on the cutting-edge of technology and make a significant impact on the development of a seaglider. If you are passionate about vehicle dynamics, environmental modeling, and vehicle systems and have a strong desire to be part of a dynamic and innovative team, we encourage you to apply.
- Develop and maintain high-fidelity models and simulations of the seaglider, including its hydrodynamic, aerodynamic, and structural dynamics.
- Develop and validate environmental models for wind, waves, and current, taking into account their interactions with the vehicle and the surrounding environment.
- Collaborate with other engineers and researchers to integrate the vehicle dynamics models into the vehicle’s control system and ensure its safe and efficient operation.
- Participate in the design, testing, and validation of the vehicle, providing feedback to improve its performance and safety.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies related to vehicle dynamics and environmental modeling, and recommend new tools and techniques to improve the vehicle’s performance and safety
Our Ideal Candidate
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or a related field and with an emphasis on computational fluid mechanics.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the development and validation of high-fidelity models and simulations for aerospace, marine, or other related systems
- Strong knowledge of vehicle dynamics, fluid dynamics, environmental modeling, and computer science.
- Strong programming skills in MATLAB, Simulink, C/C++, or similar software.
- Experience with environmental models for wind, waves, current, and their interaction with vehicles.
- Experience with hydrofoiling and/or ground effect is a plus.
- Experience in utilizing simulation to assist in DO-178C verification and validation is a plus
We welcome applicants who may not align perfectly with all required skills and experience as there may be opportunity to grow into the specific responsibilities of the role.
This is a full-time on-site role based at our new purpose-built seaglider development facility in North Kingstown, RI (20 minutes south of Providence, RI and just over an hour south of Boston, MA). We expect in-office presence 3+ days a week. Lunch is provided daily.
What’s in it for you?
REGENT is committed to providing our employees with benefits to support their complete well-being, from excellent health, dental and vision insurance, to an unlimited vacation policy.
Our benefits include*:
- 100% of annual premiums covered for healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- HSA plans available
- Paid parental leave
- Employee equity incentive plan
- Free lunch catered daily **
- Office amenities including snacks, drinks, coffee & espresso bar and an on-site gym **
- Dog-friendly office **
- Relocation packages available
- Flexible hours & generous PTO
- Paid holidays, including company summer and winter breaks
- 401(k) plans
* All benefits available to full-time staff
** Select benefits available to interns
REGENT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.