Business area: PR & Influence
Location: Sea Containers
Contract type: Fixed-Term
Full Time/Part time: Full-Time
Contract duration: 12-months
Reporting into: Influence Business Director
Our vision is to inspire brands and people to impact the world. To create big ideas that make a significant contribution to the planet, society, and the bottom line. We believe in today’s world this is the best way for our clients to achieve sustainable growth.
We achieve this by breaking down the barriers that restrict talent and ideas, we call this Borderless Creativity.
Which is why our teams work fluidly across 5 capabilities: Advertising, Growth and Innovation, Experience, PR and I, and Health. This allows us to not only operate but innovate at the intersection of capabilities and talent. We believe impact and magic lies at this intersection. Ogilvy scales this by seamlessly connecting and accessing the deep cultural expertise of 132 offices in 83 countries.
Our mission: We inspire brands and people to impact the world
How we do it: We innovate and operate at the intersection of people and capabilities
What we do: Borderless creativity
BehavioursWe’re problem solvers. We don’t just spot problems (that’s the easy bit) we come up with smart, creative solutions.
We’re active. We don’t sit around assuming someone else will make something happen, we’re driven to get up and do it ourselves.
We’re always hugely ambitious for the work. Not content with ‘good enough’ because we all know that’s not actually good enough.
We’re adaptable, not inflexible. That way we’re always open to explore new ideas, experiences and channels.
We’re team players, not lone wolves. Because we’d be crazy not to make the most of the huge pool of talent around us. Plus it’s much more fun to work together.
We use our EQ, as well is our IQ. People who ‘get’ people are so much better at their jobs, and nicer to be around. If this sounds like a team you’d like to be part of, please get in touch
As an Influence Director you lead large, more complex projects, armed with your experience and proven ability to think and do. You are able to problem solve, and create highly effective and fruitful working relationships with clients and collagues, collaborating with other Capabilities and Crafts instinctively. You have a solid understanding of influence strategy and always ensure that you and the team are working towards strategic objectives. Ideally you would also have experience managing large multi-market campaigns, and overseeing your junior team supports.
You are a role model to your line reports, who seek you out as a source of advice and guidance.
Building client relationships
Has a relationship with mid level clients that is one of trusted partner, based on proven track record of delivery.
Is able to confidently lead influence conversations and problem solve in the moment as required, and act as a point of escalation for junior clients.
Understands the strategic, and business context the client is operating in and uses this knowledge to develop solutions and approach tasks in a way that is effective for the client
Making work we’re proud of
Collaborates confidently with other capabilities and crafts in service of finding the best integrated influence creative solution to the clients business problem. Is seen as a champion for the work with all those they come in to contact with.
Demonstrates their ability for creative problem solving in how they approach every task – whether that’s identifying a way to improve the internal process, or co-creating an inspiring way to sell in the work. Able to consider different angles on a brief – a non linear thinker.
Responsibility & accountability
Takes responsibility for larger influence projects. And feels accountable for both the work, and the process.
Understands that they are accountable for the actions of the account team reporting into them on projects; guiding them and intervening and managing up as required.
Is not afraid to share concerns, escalate issues, or apologise to ensure that this sense of accountability is felt.
Able to recognise the commercial implications of agency decisions and external influences, and manage the internal and client conversations arising from these.
Will manage client expectations when having to charge more for additional work in a manner which does not expose the agency to financial risk
Is well informed about the commercials of all projects they are responsible for, managing those below them to meet agreed targets
Able to maintain strong partnership with internal stakeholders across all crafts in and support cross functional agendas for the benefit of the company and the client.
Has strong relationship with their days to day clients and wider client stakeholders, and uses these relationships to help protect the work, strengthen the relationships and activate new opportunities.
Problem solving & decision making
Approaches each task with a clear understanding of the business issue the client is trying to solve, and able to measure the brief against this and the strategy to ensure the right work is developed. Thinks laterally about how problems can be solved.
Acts as an escalation point for the team in resolving issues. Supports the team in confidently navigating through problems
- Oversee the day-to-day running of influencer campaigns and supporting managers and executives, from identification, creative, implementation and reporting.
- Design and define industry leading Influencer strategy: recommend objectives, targets, action plan, calendar and budget.
- Aligning and collaborating with media, PR, social, brand activation, digital and all other stakeholders – internal and external to deliver best in class campaigns for our clients.
- Nurturing client appropriate talent opportunities and nurturing relationships to help deliver the influencer program for clients.
- Lead and deliver creative and sell content solutions to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Responsible for overseeing day to day activations and providing oversight and council for junior support team
- Provide senior council to clients, advising on industry developments as they occur and showing relevance for clients on the ground.
- Stay up-to-date with cultural/social trends and customers’ views and attitudes.
- Assists in the development of and participation in promoting our influencer offering across the business, including writing thought leadership and attending industry events.
- Leads on additional projects as required – such as new business pitches, market reviews and competitive trends.
- Passion for influencer marketing with a minimum of four years’ experience in the field.
- The ability to remain optimistic under pressure.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Self-motivated, action-oriented and ambitious with a positive "can-do" attitude.
- A keen interest in all things social/PR/digital and an avid follower of relevant news & trends.
How we help you Thrive:
- 25 days annual leave + 1 Volunteer Day
- Bupa Healthcare
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave
- We have a flexible working policy with core working hours (10am – 4pm) and have launched our 3.2 Hybrid Working model
- A 1.5:1 matching pension structure
- Wellbeing and Health: Up to £25.00 per month towards physical or online exercise class membership plus Dental cover, Unmind membership, LifeWorks tool and annual eye tests.
- Learning and development budgets plus Enhanced and ongoing wellbeing incentives and activities throughout the year
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance x4 salary
- [email protected]: To foster an inclusive environment we have our internal groups: Ogilvy Rewired, Roots, Equals, Proud plus Parents and Carers. See here for more information
Dedicated to our people, we provide additional perks to help support your work life balance
If this sounds like the right role for you, we’d love to hear from you.
Our ambition is to attract the very best diverse talent to Ogilvy, and to be the employer of choice in the UK. We want everyone to feel welcome when they join us, and once they’re here, for them to want to stay with us, grow their career, and to feel they belong with us.
Ogilvy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.