Posted on 7/26/2022
New York, NY, USA
Adobe Creative Suite
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals
- Functional expertise - subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You're an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You're curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You're committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You're honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 3 years of experience at an agency or in-house design team
- A portfolio that demonstrates range of creativity across digital and print
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch and/or Figma
- Strong knowledge of layout, color, grids, icons and typography
- Extremely strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of latest design and digital/social media trends
- Able to manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Bonus points for animation, photography, video skills, and/or environmental design skills
- Manage small and large scale projects from the initial brainstorm to delivery while collaborating with other designers, marketers and/or teams from across the company
- Communicate in-process and finished work to stakeholders
- Maintain, evolve and translate Justworks' design guidelines across multiple channels to ensure a cohesive brand experience
- Create memorable event environmental designs and swag items
- Provide art direction and feedback to our external vendors to define art direction and animation styles
- Solicit and deliver constructive feedback to fellow designers
- Set a high bar for impactful, solution-oriented, and elegant design
- Meet tight deadlines and pivot when priorities change
Payroll and benefits facilities platform
Justworks’ mission is to help entrepreneurs and businesses grow with confidence. The company is building software for payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance.
- Health - Believe in our vision. Medical and dental, too. Get support for your mental and financial health. Beta test new benefits and perks for our platform.
- Workplace - Volunteer and get paid to give back. Take paid parental leave. Enjoy monthly team events that help turn coworkers into lifelong friends.
- Wellness - Enjoy subsidized ClassPass memberships. Take advantage of regular yoga, meditation, and other wellness programming.
- Perks - Be an owner, not an employee. Get time off whenever you need it. Take a sabbatical. Invest in your future financially and with professional learning and development opportunities.
Company Core Values
- Camaraderie - As a growing company ourselves, we know how crucial teamwork, higher purpose, and a healthy dose of fun can be to success. We’re here to help businesses bring great people together to accomplish important things, while enjoying themselves at the same time.
- Openness - We believe in radical transparency. This means we will never charge hidden fees, we will always be upfront with what we can and cannot do, and if we're not a good fit for you, we'll help you understand who might be.
- Grit - They say when the going gets tough, the tough get going. We are a team of hardworking individuals who are building the best product there is to help your business succeed. We are here to do the hard work.
- Integrity - Without trust, there is no partnership. And without integrity, there is no trust. We will always be open with you about changes and charges. You can always reach out to us with questions, concerns or if you just want to chat about your business needs.
- Simplicity - Payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance aren't traditionally known for their simplicity. But we've made it our mission to streamline and simplify these normally complicated parts of doing business. This means an easy-to-use product for both you and your employees.