At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. We work closely with designers and PMs to build and continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception to post-launch reflection. We have deep empathy for both our coworkers and our users, to understand how we can work better together to help others work better together.
The Orchestrate Area strives to enable customers to discover, build, and scale critical workflows. Some of the upcoming challenges include scaling workflows so that customers can bulk-manage changes across thousands of coworkers, developing "smart" feature recommendations that are contextual and timely, and building personal onboarding experiences based on customer use cases.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer Engineer to drive execution and technical strategy across multiple teams. As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll provide technical leadership and mentorship to a group of full stack engineering teams, while working closely with your Engineering and Product Directors to craft an overall vision and strategy for this organization.
What you’ll achieve
- Provide technical leadership to 2+ product engineering teams, providing mentorship on topics like longer-term technical planning, design & architecture, operational excellence and efficiency, and prioritizing tech debt.
- Directly coach and mentor at least 2+ Team Tech Leads, striking the right balance between leading by example and explicit asking.
- Collaborate on strategic roadmap planning and sequencing, and prioritize technical investments as a technical partner to an Engineering Director and Product Director.
- Collaborate with front-line Engineering Managers on creating growth opportunities for their reports, solutions to address technical skill gaps, and providing technical feedback on their reports.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with business partners (Solutions Engineering, User Operations, Customer Success, Product Marketing) and with key community developers. Yes, you’ll be talking to customers directly!
- You have 7+ years of experience working as a technical contributor in a full-stack environment, with experience as a technical leader over multiple engineering teams.
- You have experience working across a large codebase and product and a track record of successfully leading multiple complex, technical projects across multiple teams. You are experienced in shepherding a technical design from document to production.
- You are proactive about identifying opportunities for your team or the broader organization to improve and advocate or drive for those improvements.
- You have successfully scaled yourself by building out processes and systems that last beyond your direct intervention.
- You are experienced at mentoring and leveling up engineers at various experience levels.
- You deeply care about fostering collaboration and psychological safety among team members.
- You have strong communication skills for non-technical audiences. You can explain technical decisions and their implications clearly to customers and business partners.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we’re committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000 - $316,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you’re interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named aTop 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune’s #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to ouroffice-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.