Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on 8/30/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Embedded software development and optimization
- Multi-threaded and multi-core programming
- Software development for systems with live sensor inputs
- High performance processors and platforms such as ARM, ATOM, DSP, FPGA, GPU
- Software development on microcontrollers
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- Bring up new boards, integrating the base software operating system and drivers to enable the foundation of the vehicle application software
- Design, develop and deploy embedded software for applications including alarms, occupancy detection, chimes, and over-the-air update (OTA)
- Collaborate with the hardware team on overall design, schematics, and hardware validation
- Work closely with other development and cross-functional team members such as Charging, Body Controls, Infotainment, and Vehicle Dynamics, Connected Car, Common Software and Powertrain teams
- Scripting languages (for example PERL, Python)
- Safety critical systems (ISO 26262)
- SIL/HIL testing
- Software security
- Experience with CAN, Ethernet
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team