Hello, we are Atlan! 👋
A home for data teams around the world. 🏠 Atlan makes it easier for diverse data users – business users, product managers, analysts, and engineers – to collaborate effectively. (Think of what Salesforce is for sales teams or GitHub for engineering teams). (Check out our website, product tour, and docs.)
Built for the humans of data, by the humans of data
At Atlan, we started as a data team ourselves tackling problems like national healthcare and poverty alleviation with data science. (Check out our TEDx talk and case studies.) The problem: After working on 200+ data projects, we learned how tough it was to scale data teams. Data teams are one of the most interdisciplinary teams ever created. They’re made up of analysts, data scientists, engineers, business users – diverse people with their own tooling preferences, skill sets, and "DNA" that need to come together. This leads to collaboration chaos.
We were awoken with crisis calls every second day for the minutest of issues — from troubleshooting why a number on a dashboard was incorrect to difficulties in getting access to the right data set! Atlan started with us building tools to make our own data team more agile.
These tools made our team 6x more agile, helping us take on amazing projects like building India’s National Data Platform used by India’s Prime Minister. The best part — this was built by an eight-member team, the fastest project of its kind to go live, in a record twelve months instead of the projected three years.
💡 We asked, could the tooling we built for ourselves help data teams around the world? That’s how Atlan was born. We’re on a mission to help data teams around the world do their lives’ best work.
🚀 We’re growing fast
In the last two years, we have onboarded several dream customers, started working with some amazing partners, and watched as our team spread across 19+ countries.
In 2022 Atlan was named a Leader on the Forrester Wave for Enterprise Data Catalogs for Data Ops after also being named a Gartner Cool Vendor in DataOps (the fastest company to do this since launch!).
Last year we also raised Series B funding with a $450million valuation. We’re backed by top investors (like Insight Partners, Sequoia, and Waterbridge) and the shapers of the modern data stack (including the founders and CEOs of Snowflake, Looker, Stitch, and DataRobot) as our early investors. 🏅
We build with all our ❤️
We believe that data teams deserve fundamentally better software experiences across their diverse teams. Data is chaos, but that doesn’t mean that work should be! 🌟
Love what Superhuman, Slack, Notion, Quip, and Figma have done for the modern workplace? Come build the future for data teams with
Why is this role important for us? 🤔
- At Atlan, we’re growing fast in regions around the world. In the past two years, we’ve won some amazing customers including Autodesk, Nasdaq, Unilever, WeWork and many more!
- We’re now looking to expand our founding group of Strategic Account Executives who can scale Atlan’s presence across North America.
Your mission at Atlan 🌟
- Sales is service: At Atlan, we believe that sales is service. If you’re the kind of person who wakes up every day to help customers, we’re looking for you. Our customers will know Atlan from you — from the first discovery call and demo to trial and finally closing.
- Trusted advisor: Through this process, you will play the role of a trusted advisor — understand the problems the customer is facing and advise them through their journey to make the best decision.
- Voice of the market: Work closely with sales engineering, product, and marketing to refine Atlan’s positioning, story, and product roadmap.
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- A demonstrated track record of success in a Strategic sales role owning quota targets in excess of $1M+.
- At least 5 years of experience selling technical SaaS products to companies with 5000+ employees.
- Experience selling to large companies in Technology or Financial Services and solving big problems with data.
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous and fast-paced work environment with integrity and accountability.
Do your life’s best work at Atlan 🚀
At Atlan, our mission is to help data teams do their life’s best work. Inside Atlan, our goal is to help Atlanians do their life’s best work while at Atlan and reach their Ikigai
We’d normally invite potential Atlanians to our office to meet our team and understand our culture. But since the global pandemic, we’ve opened up our internal team handbook instead, which is a great read about our values and principles and how we think about growth and internal practices as we build a dream team.
Excited about the opportunity? Apply now! 👇