THE COMPANY: Paragon Leasing, the equipment powerhouse of Stevens Transport, is a career destination for passionate and talented people who seek a cutting-edge career with an industry leader in equipment and maintenance. We pride ourselves by employing world class teammates that are innovative, results driven, honest and dependable. We excel in a culture of high expectations and performance, with OUR PEOPLE being central to our organization.
Our People are focused on values, with an unselfish take on personal accountability for individual results. They bring innovation and ideas to the table, so the team can forge forward with unparalleled goals and accomplishments. Our fast pace, high demand environment is ideal for someone who is competitive and driven. Paragon remains cornerstone to Steven’s Transport, the industry leader in refrigerated trucking.
Paragon is located at Steven’s Transport world headquarters, on 75 acres of Dallas, TX. Paragon operates a 400,000 sq ft, state-of-the-art maintenance facility. We offer you the chance to service an industry-leading fleet of equipment, working with the latest technology, tools, and diagnostics systems to drive one of the largest refrigerated transportation companies in North America.
THE ROLE: We are currently seeking Trailer Technician that are responsible for completing preventative maintenance on our trailers and refrigeration units.
Multiple schedules available
- 2+ years of trailer technician experience
- Working knowledge of telematics systems and diagnostic software. Basic computer skills required
- Reefer experience a plus
- Ability to read and understand operating manuals, service manuals and written instruction
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Ability to clearly read, write and speak English
- Basic math calculations
- Performing scheduled and non-routine repairs to meet DOT standards
- Making sure that lights are functioning properly, and wiring is secure
- Repairing or replacing brakes, wheel seals and suspension.
- Foaming of Refrigerated Trailers
- Maintaining a clean and neat shop
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS INCLUDE:
- Maneuvering around, in, on, and under trucks/tight spaces to properly inspect and diagnose problems
- Standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, crawling, pushing, and pulling with a full range of body movements
- Using hands to handle, control or feel
- Climbing ladders, stairs, and platforms
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
If you are looking in specializing in trailers or looking to expand your trailer experience in a growing department with lateral opportunities , come make Stevens Transport’s Paragon Leasing your new home.
Medical, Vision, Dental, Supplemental, and Life Insurances available + 401(k) retirement plan and quarterly match.