Sr. Application Software Engineer
Posted on 2/7/2023
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline AND 5+ years of experience in software development; OR 7+ years of professional experience in software development in lieu of degree
- Experience in full stack development
- Programming experience in Python, C#.NET, Go, Scala, Java, or similar object-oriented language
- 4+ years of rigorous experience building single page web applications
- Experience with version control, continuous integration, and continuous delivery concepts
- Expertise in designing software systems
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & monitoring
- Expertise in profiling and improving application performance
- Experience with build systems (Make, Bazel/Pants/Buck, Gradle) and package management tools (pip, npm)
- Experience with UNIX-like operating systems and tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet for managing them
- Experience working with in-stream data processing using Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or similar technologies
- Production experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Database experience with PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or similar database technologies
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Develop highly reliable software solutions that are used across SpaceX
- Create new applications that improve how SpaceX operates
- Build prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Deep dive into your users' problems to find and create efficient solutions
- Bring your voice to the table in team collaborations on architecture, design, and code reviews
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.