Outbound Sales Development Representative
Posted on 2/17/2023
Enterprise customer training platform
Skilljar's mission is to help companies around the world transform their customers into product experts and evangelists. Skilljar helps customer education teams map the path to product adoption and advocates who understand that education is an ongoing process that drives customer retention and growth.
North Carolina, USA
Sales & Account Management
- Want to pursue a career in Sales coupled with a strong will to achieve. Call it what you want: grit, competitive spirit, hustle...the bottom line is this role is for anyone that wants to compete and win. What will motivate you when the going gets tough?
- Have positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills
- Possess excellent organization skills, keen attention to detail, a love of customers, and creative problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working in a collaboratively competitive environment. Make others around you better while achieving your own goals!
- Have insatiable curiosity and are committed to lifelong learning (growth mindset) and continuous development (i.e. be better today than you were yesterday)
- Are coachable-don't just do what we say, but rather be self-aware and reflective, digest feedback critically, and adapt to overcome challenges
- Past success in an SDR role is strongly preferred, especially if you have previous outbound experience
- Startup experience is a major plus
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent years of proven experience required
- Creating a great first impression for customer prospects by providing them with a world-class experience
- Researching and identifying future customer companies and contacts to find great candidates to prospect into
- Engaging with potential customers via phone, email, LinkedIn, and chat to understand their business needs and identify the ways that Skilljar can help
- Maintaining high engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications crafted to increase customer curiosity about Skilljar
- Scheduling qualified meetings and developing a pipeline to fuel Skilljar's revenue
- Collaborating closely with Account Executives and marketing to achieve mutually aligned sales quotas each month
- Helping the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business
- Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities
- Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions