Facilities Supervisor- NYC
Wise is helping to build a new world – a world without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
Our Global Workplace Team plays a key part in the employee experience at Wise, through our curated spaces, events and services.
We’re looking for a passionate and people-centric Facilities Supervisor to join us. Based at our NYC office, you will help us to create a customer focused workplace experience and support day-to-day operations and ensure that our office is compliant with local regulations.
This is a great opportunity for someone that likes a varied and challenging role, who is independent, yet enjoys being social and who wants to play an important part in shaping our vibrant workplace that supports an inclusive culture for our New York employees.
- Create a welcoming and collaborative environment that supports our inclusive culture
- Greet our visitors and making sure they have an unforgettable experience in our office;
- Build relationships with our employee community and support our New York Wisers by answering queries and informing them about local information, building updates and upcoming events
- Take care, update, and build our internal wikipedia Confluence with the information all things Workplace Plan and help organise local community and cross-team events;
- Assist and evaluate events based on attendance, satisfaction and impact, to ensure they remain relevant and continue to deliver value to our employee community
- Play a part in our Wisers every day experience and wellbeing in our offices;
- Ensure that our NYC Workplace is fully operational and processes are running efficiently as this is where the magic happens;
- Make sure all repairs and maintenance are carried out in a timely manner
- Manage all external suppliers to achieve best in class service
- Ensure that our NYC Workplace is compliant with relevant health and safety legislation
- Support with the periodic review and revision of building documents, lease information, asset registers and floor plans to ensure they are up to date
- Input into the New York office’s operational expenditure budget, quarterly forecasting and monthly reconciliation to actuals
- Identify opportunities for cost optimisation and vendor rationalisation to get us closer to achieving Mission Zero
- Address day-to-day landlord queries and communication including coordinating and providing building access as necessary.
- Receive, sort, scan and send mail; manage our third-party courier services.
A bit about you:
- You have some financial and data literacy experience (nice to have)
- You have experience in a customer service role in either the, hospitality industry or running a small office
- You are able to keep up with constant change, are patient and flexible
- A true team player with a can-do attitude
- You have great organisation, time-management, multitasking and problem-solving skills. We are a team of solution-focused people!
- Fluent in English both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset, with the ability to think ‘big picture’.
- 💸 Competitive base salary of $55,000-$70,000
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working model – a mix of working from home and from the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.