Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 11/4/2022
New York, NY, USA
- 8+ years of backend experience
- Strong in object oriented modeling concepts, have developed multiple maintainable applications using appropriate design principles
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common design patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use back-end software design patterns
- Experience with Agile methodologies is required
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on libraries, frameworks, and toolsets
- Able to provide technical guidance to other less experienced members of the team
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning
- Develop new, and enhance existing, server-side applications
- As a Sr. Engineer on the team, you will be the technical leader developing & maintaining the back end application
- Uncover requirements working closely with product managers; suggest technical designs necessary to implement features and get teams' buy in
- Define and establish best practices for testing and designing reusable code
- Be influential in making architectural, design, and technical stack recommendations within the team
- Balance feature development with tech debt and ensure the code is well tested, readable, maintainable and free of regression defects
- Drive the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improving the performance and security of the application
Clearbanc provides growth capital for web-enabled businesses through its 20-minute term sheet.
- Food and beverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive benefits
- Continued education
- CLEAR membership
- Diversity and Inclusion counsel
- Sprint demos and hackathons
- Innovation guild
- On-site gym
Company Core Values
- Embrace change - Our growth requires that we EMBRACE CHANGE. We pivot to overcome roadblocks and we are transparent on why decisions are made.
- Own it - CLEAR is an organization of doers. We OWN IT by solving problems even if they 'aren't ours to solve' and commit to seeing them all the way through.
- Our great people - From our ambassadors in the field, to our corporate team members, OUR GREAT PEOPLE are at the heart of all that we do. And because we believe that great people know other great people, we offer generous referral incentives.
- Obsessed with member experience - We are OBSESSED WITH MEMBER EXPERIENCE. Our members include our corporate business partners as well as our internal and external customers. We love hearing from our members so that we can continuously improve and come back better for them every day.
- Speak up - We believe in challenging fearlessly and embracing the brutal truth. We SPEAK UP by displaying honesty to our customers, our team members, and ourselves.
- Indefatigable - If the word 'No' simply means 'Not yet' then you may be ready to join the INDEFATIGABLE. To be indefatigable is to tirelessly pursue your goals with passion.
- Bias for action - Making no decision is worse than making the wrong one. We encourage our team members to have a BIAS FOR ACTION, using data to make calculated decisions. We have confidence in our decisions and learn from our mistakes.