Wherever drivers go, we’re leading the way. Agero’s mission is to rethink the vehicle ownership experience through a powerful combination of passionate people and data-driven technology, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their customers. As the #1 B2B, white-label provider of digital driver assistance services, we’re pushing the industry in a new direction, taking manual processes, and redefining them as digital, transparent, and connected. This includes: an industry-leading dispatch management platform powered by Swoop; comprehensive accident management services; knowledgeable consumer affairs and connected vehicle capabilities; and a growing marketplace of services, discounts and support enabled by a robust partner ecosystem. The company has over 150 million vehicle coverage points in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and many others. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to approximately 12 million service events annually. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com.
About the Role:
Swoop is looking for a Principal Ruby on Rails Engineer to build and extend our client facing Open API to provide roadside assistance to everything from connected vehicles to insurance apps. You’ll help us develop the models, business logic, and GraphQL API layer to provide a highly available and scalable platform to run the roadside assistance marketplace we’ve built over the past 3 years. You’ll also help us technically lead a small team of engineers and projects from start to finish.
We are a highly automated team using continuous integration with model, integration, and system tests to build a high quality product while maintaining a high velocity.
You will be joining a team that is going through a period of high growth.
- Design Swoop’s internal product related API’s to support the React Front End and Mobile clients.
- Design Swoop’s external API’s to support new Insurance and OEM clients as well as partners.
- Develop a Consistent, Well Documented, Tested, Performant Rails API.
- Ability or past experience leading a small team of engineers and being a go to person for technical questions and issues.
- You enjoy working at small companies and building systems from the ground up
- You have 7+ years of experience building backend software, preferably API based
- You have experience leading, planning and executing projects from concept to delivery
- You enjoy mentoring junior members of the team
- You have experience working in partnership with product as well as QA teams
- You have deep understanding of API design and best practices
- You have extensive Rails experience
- Experience with GraphQL
- Optimization experience at the DB and Application layer
- CS or Engineering related Degree
United States: AZ, FL, NC, IL, KY, MA, MI, NM, TN, and VA
Canada: Province of Ontario
Northern Ireland: Greater Belfast Area
D, E & I Mission & Culture at Agero:
We are all Change Drivers at Agero. Each day, we speak to thousands of drivers and tow professionals across one of the most diverse countries in the world. Our mission to safeguard drivers on the road, strengthen our clients’ relationships with their drivers, and support the communities we live and work in unites us together as one force driving positive change.
The road to positive change starts inside Agero. In celebrating each other’s differences, we lift each other up and create space for innovation and community. Bringing our whole selves to work powers our commitment, drive, agility, and courage - ensuring we are not only changing the landscape of the driver services industry, we also are making a difference in the lives of our customers with each call, chat, and rescue.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.