Producer – Games
Mobile Applications, And Web
Posted on 11/30/2023
Creates interactive web and mobile applications
Relish Studios stands out as a desirable workplace due to its strong team culture, composed of experienced and versatile digital strategists, designers, and developers who are committed to delivering high-impact, interactive experiences. The company's competitive advantage lies in its ability to handle projects of any size, supported by a robust team of over 40 professionals and a decade of industry experience. Furthermore, Relish's commitment to growth and expansion, as evidenced by the appointment of a new VP of Growth, demonstrates its industry leadership and forward-thinking approach.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -18%
1 year growth↓ -14%
2 year growth↓ -9%
Toronto, ON, Canada
IT & Security
- 3-5 years of experience in a Game or Web Production role
- Intermediate to advanced analytical, organizational time management, and planning skills
- Expertise with project management tools (i.e Basecamp, Jira, Forecast, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and deepening relationships with clients
- Substantial understanding of the digital and/or games production cycle
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and quickly implement new information
- Flexibility and capability to change priorities and balance client and teammate interests
- Clear and consistent communication skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly and build consensus with stakeholders
- Ownership of project decisions and anticipation of client needs
- Manage client expectations and ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
- Conduct regular status updates with clients and manage project changes
- Contribute to ideation and conceptualization process
- Create and maintain production and resourcing schedules
- Establish project milestones and production reviews
- Manage and adjust project expectations and outcomes
- Proactively anticipate production issues and create troubleshooting plans
- Monitor budget lines, invoices, and resourcing hours
- Onboard team members and schedule regular communication and update meetings
- Prepare accurate estimates and quotes based on briefs
- Define task definitions and sprints using project management tools
- Maintain daily communication with internal team(s) and external vendors
- Coordinate with internal supervisors and provide project-specific feedback
- Keep senior managers regularly updated on project status
- Capture, distill, and refine customer briefs
- Balance client strategic aims with studio interests
- Provide ideas for refinement and improvement of production processes
- Seek out opportunities to grow business with current accounts
Hey there! We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh
We’re looking for a Producer with intermediate to senior-level experience to help us make stuff that matters through innovation, collaboration, and impact. At Relish, quality doesn’t just mean it works; it means it’s beautiful, respectful, accessible, fast, functional, intuitive, and consistent.
Reporting to the Director—Production, you’ll shepherd projects from initial sale (SOW signed) to completion (Client Final Approval) with minimal supervision. You’ll be responsible for the successful delivery of projects in terms of schedule, budget, and fidelity to the brief — meeting or exceeding expectations with regards to financial, technical and creative objectives. You’ll maximize quality and efficient use of company-wide time and resources by ensuring smooth day-to-day production, documentation, and communication of project milestones across all stakeholders.
While we appreciate the interest of animation/film/TV producers, this position is not suited for those with that type of experience only. Please check our Animation Producer positions located in British Columbia if that is your interest.
Who are you?
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a Game or Web Production role, where you have successfully developed intermediate to advanced analytical, organizational time management, and planning skills (Digital agency experience would be considered an asset)
- You are an expert with project management tools (i.e Basecamp, Jira, Forecast, etc.), and are skilled at conducting efficient workflows and tasking project teams using your knowledge of project management best practices
- You excel at collaborating with cross-functional teams and deepening relationships with clients
- You have a substantial understanding of the digital and/or games production cycle (i.e design processes, handoffs, development, and quality assurance, etc.)
- You thrive in fast-paced environments that require you to understand, translate, and implement new information quickly and accurately
- You are flexible and capable of changing priorities, and can skillfully balance the best interests of the clients and teammates when striving for high quality
- You are a clear and consistent communicator and can successfully manage expectations and ensure clients and colleagues are well informed
- You are able to build rapport quickly and can effectively build consensus with internal and external stakeholders
- You own the project decisions, ensuring they align with client goals, and assure consistent quality by anticipating client needs and exceeding their expectations
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
- You maintain client satisfaction and encourage return business by managing client expectations, ensuring on time and on budget delivery, and ensuring deliverables meet the client goals
- You’ll conduct regular and timely status updates with clients to manage expectations, identify, specify, and quote project changes, inform of any implications of changes, and ensure project momentum is maintained
- You’ll contribute to the ideation and conceptualization process to ensure projects are strategically aligned
- You’ll create and maintain up-to-date production and resourcing schedules, and will establish project milestones and production reviews
- You’ll ensure project teams feel engaged and informed by managing and adjusting project expectations and outcomes, defining roles and responsibilities, and balancing human needs with project needs
- You’ll proactively anticipate production issues (including, but not limited to, cost overruns, scope creep, quality control, etc.) and create troubleshooting plans
- You’ll actively monitor budget lines, invoices, cost-reporting activities/processes, resourcing hours, and will facilitate change-orders as necessary
- You’ll onboard team members with the full scope of client expectations and schedule regular communication and update meetings (to update on project status and health, provide clear task outcomes, provide specific reasonable deadlines, and ensure all team members have all materials necessary to complete their tasks)
- You’ll prepare accurate estimates and quotes based on briefs, breaking projects down into their component phases, tasks, and deliverables
- You’ll use Basecamp, Jira, or Forecast to define task definitions and sprints, and will keep all project specifications updated in Forecast (project schedules, budgets, invoices, allocations, etc.)
- You’ll maintain daily communication with internal team(s) (scrums, etc.) and external vendors to manage expectations, clarify changes, and ensure project momentum
- You’ll coordinate with internal supervisors to ensure that tasks can be completed and to provide project-specific feedback about team member performance
- You’ll position the studio as reliable subject matter experts to clients by keeping senior managers regularly updated on project status, actively supporting the organic sales process, and contributing to effective and efficient production best practices
- You’ll capture, distill and refine customer briefs (written or oral) to define project goals and objectives
- You’ll balance the strategic aims of the client and best interests of the Studio when advocating to Functional leaders and teams
- You’ll continuously provide ideas for refinement, improvement, or redesign of studio production processes to improve efficiency and client satisfaction
- You seek out opportunities to grow our business with current accounts (and engage with the sales team when required)
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We need to see or read some evidence of your production experience and how you’ve made an impact on other teams. Apply today and your application will be reviewed by a member of our team! Please be sure to include a link to your demo reel in your application!
Important to know: This opportunity is only available to those eligible to work in Canada. Our entire team is working fully remotely, but we do have an office space in Toronto and Duncan that you’re able to work at if its preferred.