Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds software-defined high precision component factories for the top aerospace companies in the world. After a successful customer beta phase, we are substantially scaling our operations to our second factory (based in Torrance) and are in the final stretch of building our core software engineering and product team from whom the future of Hadrian will be built upon. This team will leverage various current and advanced technologies and build custom in house software solutions to help improve, automate and scale the future of manufacturing in the U.S.
We are in search of software engineers with the drive to augment manufacturing and build complex, yet elegant software as well as the machinists who have a passion to push the trade forward.
We’ve raised >$100m to achieve this vision, with multiple rounds from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital and more.
About the CAD/CAM Automation Team
Hadrian’s CAD/CAM Automation team develops automation solutions to supercharge the output of our CAM Operations team. The team focuses on automating repetitive tasks that are error prone or time consuming to give us a competitive edge in exceeding our customers expectations.
We need an Applications Engineering to own the support, training, and testing of our internal automation products across our CAD/CAM stack. You will work closely with Applications Engineering and the CAM Operations team to collect user feedback, troubleshoot bugs, and suggest improvements to our automation stack. Additionally you will take on projects to assist with development.
We are pushing the limits of machining automation and are looking to add a curious and self-motivated person to join our already world class team.
In this role you will
- Work with the best Manufacturing Subject Matter Experts in the country
- Test, support, and train users on our CAD/CAM automation products
- Develop toolpath automation and tool selection algorithms
- Create documentation for automation systems and maintain release notes
- Manage and maintain deployment of automation with our Infra team
- Advise as a Subject Matter Expect with our Product Teams
- Spend a portion of your time as an Operations CAM Programmer to dogfood our own automation products
- Interface with Factory Operations to collect product feedback
This might be a good fit if you
- Have A++ mental horsepower and plasticity
- Want to work on something that positively impacts the Space Industry, the Country, and Humanity’s future
- Want to push the limits of integrating modern automation with manufacturing
- Are an expert 5-axis programmer who likes to build automation
- Great at making close tolerance parts for Space, Defense or other advanced industries
- Are driven to optimize everything you do
- Are great at documenting and explaining complex processes
- Not afraid to be challenged and defend your ideas, but willing to change your mind based on evidence
- Enjoy automating things and hate repeating work and want to focus on the complex tasks
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don’t have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- Experience with both CAD and CAM software
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (first principles)
- Basic understanding of computer science concepts
What we offer
Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity’s future
Coaching from some of the best quality automation folks in the world, if so desired
Big equity grants
Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
Stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we’ll help (eg: possible investment, fundraising support)
Fame & Glory
We’re building Factory #1 in LA, and therefore this role is LA based.
We’re looking for the best, and the best usually come with some career twists and turns.
Please apply even if you don’t think you’re a textbook perfect fit - we care more about skills, attitude and output than the school you went to (as an example).
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.