Senior Data Scientist
Ads Marketplace Analytics
Posted on 2/18/2022
Ottawa, ON, Canada
- You will partner with colleagues who have a wealth of experience in online advertising and social networking industries. You will be an integral part of the growth of the Reddit Ads Platform by playing a key role in making data-driven recommendations. You'll leverage petabytes of data full of user and advertiser interactions to develop a deeper understanding of Reddit's ads ecosystem
- 5+ years of experience in a data analytics or related quantitative role
- 2+ years of experience in an advertising platform such as (but not limited to) Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, or Pinterest Ads
- Understanding of experimentation and A/B testing principles
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Proficiency with dashboarding tools (e.g. Mode Analytics, Tableau, Looker)
- Build the metrics platform for the Reddit advertising business, including defining metrics, developing dashboards, building ETL processes, and establishing monitoring and alerts
- Help drive the bi-weekly operational review for Ads leadership team
- Conduct in-depth analyses across multiple dimensions to assess the health of the Reddit Ads marketplace and to help shape the strategic direction of Reddit Ads
- Work across all Reddit teams supporting the advertising business, including Product, Data Warehousing, Machine Learning, Sales, Finance, and Marketing
- Contribute actively to build up the knowledge base both within the Ads organization and the wider Data organization
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.