Who We Are
Simpplr is the leading AI-powered employee experience platform. Organizations use our forward-looking, adaptable products to deliver personalized experiences that inspire and engage their employees. Wherever people work, Simpplr enables them to flourish.
Trusted by more than 500+ leading brands, including Zoom, Snowflake, Moderna, Eurostar, and AAA, our customers are achieving measurable productivity gains, increased employee engagement, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Silicon Valley, CA with offices in the UK, Canada, and India, and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures, and Tola Capital. Learn more at simpplr.com.
This role is an opportunity to bring your global experience and leadership of full-cycle accounting to guide, coach and develop a high-performing team to fully own all aspects of the company’s corporate accounting function. We are looking for an energetic strategic thinker who is intrigued by the challenge of the multifaceted aspects of a fast-growing international corporation. In addition to management of the accounting team, the Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of Simpplr including the production of timely and accurate financial reports, maintenance of an accurate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, ensuring the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and maintaining compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Your Job Responsibilities
What you will be doing:
You will support and coach our team in a hands-on environment where all team members are vested in the mission and taking part in the integrity of our finances. This role is responsible for all accounting functions of Simpplr including the following:
- Managing the company’s corporate accounting, technical accounting, reporting, and other strategic financial matters
- Producing accurate and timely financial statements and reports for stakeholders including the board, management team, employees, and outside parties
- Supervising the accounting team as well as serving as company liaison to external accounting and tax resources
- Coordinating interim and year-end financial close and related reporting
- Ensuring accounting policies comply with generally accepted accounting principles ("GAAP"), tax requirements, and other management reporting requirements
- Formulating and recommending policies, procedures and systems of control to ensure the accuracy and security of accounting data
- Developing and monitoring internal financial control structures
- Providing oversight of the company’s tax and other compliance reporting needs
- Overseeing all accounting-related systems with an eye towards continuous improvement and application of new technologies
- Managing billing, revenue recognition, and cash & banking processes
- Overseeing and contributing to the annual financial audit and other external audit efforts
- Providing input to the annual budgeting and forecasting process
What makes you a great fit for the team:
Simpplr is committed to creating a work environment for all employees that are aligned with our values, and to enabling and supporting the professional growth of our expanding global teams. A key component to creating a consistent and intentional culture is to ensure we pair top talent with the right position. For this role, we believe an individual with the following qualifications will have a great opportunity to be successful in the role:
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
- 3+ years of experience managing accounting teams
- 3+ years audit experience at a nationally recognized accounting organization with experience conducting audits of companies of comparable size and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in accounting or business administration
- Certified Public Accountant
- Ability to assess and apply advanced technical accounting considerations including relevant ASC requirements and Transfer Pricing policy.
- Strong attention to detail and dedication to accurate and high-quality work papers in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency with ERP systems as well as cloud-based accounting software (i.e. NetSuite, Quickbooks, Bill.com, Expensify, Adaptive Insights or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and develop positive cross-functional working relationships
- Ability to design and implement effective and efficient processes to manage financial and other performance data in conjunction with cross-functional teams
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret financial statements and reports
- A strong leadership aptitude; ability to mentor talent and foster career development
- Excellent project management, organizational and communication skills, with the ability to address both technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $176,000 - $216,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
Simpplr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Simpplr provides a competitive compensation package along with other benefits. We believe in work-life integration and offer a flexible work environment. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team who believes in our mission, and values transparency, autonomy, and inclusiveness, make Simpplr an incredible place to work.
See what our employees say about working at Simpplr: Glassdoor Reviews
Simpplr’s Hub-Hybrid-Remote Model:
At Simpplr we believe that when work is good, life is better and that belief guides all we do. Including how we approach our flexible work model. Simpplr operates with a Hub-Hybrid-Remote model. This model is role-based with exceptions and provides employees with the flexibility that many have told us they want.
- Hub - 100% work from Simpplr office. Role requires Simpplifier to be in the office full-time.
- Hybrid - Hybrid work from home and office. Role dictates the ability to work from home, plus benefit from in-person collaboration on a regular basis.
- Remote - 100% remote. Role can be done anywhere within your country of hire, as long as the requirements of the role are met.