Director – Corporate Strategy & Development
Posted on 10/19/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor's Degree with a record of outstanding academic performance in analytical fields (e.g., business/finance, economics, STEM)
- Proven experience in investment banking, consulting, venture capital/private equity, or corporate strategy; backgrounds with similar skills will also be considered
- Ability to go deep on specific opportunities while maintaining bigger picture perspective
- A bias for action - capable of applying the 80/20 rule to reach practical answers from incomplete information, avoiding analysis overload or paralysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort and experience interacting with Executive leadership
- Lead the identification and evaluation of M&A, organic investment, and partnership opportunities as a strategic thought partner to the Unity Executive team
- Evaluate investment opportunities through market and financial analysis (e.g., market assessment, investment case development, revenue lift or cost saving opportunities, build vs. buy modeling)
- Negotiate with external partners and engage in sophisticated dealmaking
- Coordinate due diligence efforts for opportunities of interest and ensure that assumptions are appropriately challenged and well validated
- Build relationships to effectively gather subject matter expert input, align leadership team and get results
- Experience with games, media & entertainment, advertising / social media, technology infrastructure (e.g., cloud, semiconductors, networking), SaaS, or ecommerce industries
- Flexibility to travel
- An optimistic, can do demeanor
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.