Credit Operations Analyst
Posted on 2/23/2022
- 2+ years of relevant experience with a solid understanding of general credit principals associated with the payments industry
- The ability and desire to challenge the status quo and work in a deeply ambiguous space
- Experience using data to propose creative solutions to both tactical and strategic problems
- Creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them
- Deep empathy for entrepreneurs running a business, and are motivated to solve problems to empower them
- Proficiency in SQL or other data analysis tools
- Work with merchants, from successful venture-backed startups to well established institutions
- Investigate and action/triage escalations across multiple channels, while providing accurate and timely responses
- Own various operational processes that the team performs such as credit reviews and handling urgent risk-related escalations from internals or Financial Partners, whilst upholding a strong commitment to process excellence and clear documentation
- Identify risk factors and trends and further report these identifiers to the wider risk team to ensure consistency in partnership
- Utilize analytics to optimize strategies which can be enforced across Stripes portfolio
- Maintain regular communication with our cross-functional stakeholders, setting up recurring business meetings as necessary
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommend enhancements and process improvements
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the Credit Operations team
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious