Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience with propulsion, avionics or automotive hardware installation
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-volume operating environment preferred
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical drawings, manuals and reports
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed. Nominal hours: 1st shift (5:00 AM - 3:30 PM) & 2nd shift (3:30 PM - 2:00 AM)
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Stage, set up, assemble, test and install flight hardware
- Use precision calibrated tools - torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers
- Hands on operations with both large and small fragile assemblies
- Read and interpret blue prints
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document activities
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Perform hydro and pneumatic testing
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment is a plus
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.