Manager – Threat & Vulnerability Management
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Salt Lake City, UT, USA • Remote
Google Cloud Platform
- The global role is technical, and individuals must possess a solid understanding of cybersecurity and preferably have held positions in information security, security engineering, architecture, development, and/or systems administration
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Security or related field; with 3+ years of experience in vulnerability management is required
- 1+ years experience managing direct reports and building teams
- Experience stabilizing systems to run minimal application requirements, least privilege, and additional host hardening
- Understanding of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems, endpoint applications, networking protocols, and devices
- Experience with vulnerability management across cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience conducting organization-wide vulnerability scanning and remediation processes
- Understanding of OWASP, CVSS, the MITRE ATT&CK framework, and the software development lifecycle
- Proven team building and team leadership experience
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams with quickly changing priorities
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired
- Bachelor's degree in information security, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- Software development skills in languages such as Python, Golang, or similar are highly desirable
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack, and Apple macOS preferred
- The Vulnerability Manager is responsible for the overall lifecycle of the Threat & Vulnerability Management program
- The successful Threat & Vulnerability Program Manager is the primary role to inform, advise, and partner with IT, Security, and other business units to help better secure their operations
- Identify gaps in current processes, workflows, and design and recommend changes or enhancements as needed
- Participate in Change Management Process, from early assessment of proposed changes/enhancements, through vulnerability scanning and recommended remediation before go-live
- Act as an advocate for security and the team in all tasks and engagements, not just vulnerability management specific
- A strong understanding of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems, endpoint applications, networking protocols, and devices
- Ability to influence business leader support to remediate vulnerabilities in accordance with defined timeframes to reduce the attack surface
- Participate in incident response activities as needed
- Establish and mature cross-company processes around vulnerability management, including operating models, maturity models, SLAs/SLOs, discovery, and handling
- Maintain situational awareness around industry news on software vulnerabilities, including zero-day vulnerabilities and emergency patching
- Implement and operationalize advanced Vulnerability Management reporting tools
- Design, develop and operationalize vulnerability management metrics
- Design and implement advanced vulnerability dashboards
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families, and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, you do not tolerate mediocrity, and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty, and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.