Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Deep understanding of how to build a sustainable development environment at a large scale engineering organization
- 10+ years of Software Development experience with at least 5+ years in a cloud environment (AWS/GCP)
- Experience in influencing larger (500+ engineers) organizations on technical direction/best practices
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves developer's lives
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as design, product, data teams to deliver great user experiences
- Strong focus on user experience, usability, scalability, and quality. You are an undying advocate for the user, and you have a deep intuition for how people think and how they interact with software at scale
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise working across the entire engineering org
- Own the design of our Development Environment and make it scale to the next 3-4 years of continued scale and growth of Engineering
- Identify gaps in our current designs and lead redesigns of our Developer Experience platform to improve Developer Velocity and Stability
- Mentor backend developers across the company
- Be the go-to person for developers on complex problems in backend service development
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.