Who We Are
UnitedMasters is building a marketplace that connects artists, brands and fans - empowering artists to earn and grow. UnitedMasters has taken the bold step of building a music distribution service that, radically, puts artists first - disrupting the legacy music business by letting up-and-coming artists distribute their music directly to fans through streaming services while maintaining ownership of their master recording rights and up to 100% of royalties. Through the combination of UnitedMasters’ music distribution platform and its deep ties to brands, UnitedMasters enables independent artists and changemakers to grow and earn unlike any other platform.
Its unrivaled monetization opportunities for artists are amplified by Translation, UnitedMasters’ in-house creative marketing agency renowned for helping ambitious brands thrive in contemporary culture. In 2022, Translation was awarded the number three spot in Ad Age’s Agency A-List and AdWeek’s Multicultural Agency of the Year. One year before, Translation was awarded Ad Age’s Small Agency of the Year.
We are looking for a Senior Recruiter to join UnitedMasters!
What You’ll Do
- Own full-cycle (source, engage, evaluate, close) professional and select leadership-level searches across all departments
- Conceptualize and develop recruiting marketing campaigns intended to attract a diverse slate of candidates
- Build strong relationships with candidates and be a dedicated business partner for hiring managers across the organization
- Coach and support hiring managers in identifying interview evaluation criteria; ensure the interview panel is deploying and using the predetermined criteria to evaluate candidates consistently and effectively
- Work in partnership with HR business partners, recruiters, and leadership to build creative strategies around sourcing and attracting the best talent in a competitive market
- Use hiring metrics to develop new and more efficient hiring solutions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects, be flexible to change, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including senior leadership
- Ability to leverage processes and tools to input, maintain and analyze clean data and track metrics
- Ability to execute on priorities with a strong sense of urgency, ownership and accountability
- Ability to provide a high-touch experience to both candidates and hiring managers
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for building effective and high-performing teams
- 8+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- 4+ years experience hiring creatives within or for a creative agency
- 4+ years of experience hiring talent for business and/or corporate functions
- Experience working with Greenhouse is a plus
- Experience with sourcing tools, such as GEM, is a plus
UnitedMasters has over 1.5 million artists on its platform and is growing rapidly. Brands like Diageo, Ally, and ESPN come to UnitedMasters to partner with these artists and play a role in moving culture forward. In the past year, UnitedMasters subscribers have grown rapidly. With $170M raised to date and valued at $550M, UnitedMasters is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Apple, Alphabet (aka Google), and Disney amongst others. Over the last year, UnitedMasters artists have used our platform to land sync deals with major brands including the NBA, ESPN, Overtime Elite, Bose, Warner Brother Studios and in the NBA video game 2k. These deals give them additional money for their work and increase their exposure.
Salary Hiring Range: $125,000 - $165,000
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide (e.g. bonus, stock options, 401(k) match, etc.)
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
The salary range above is for the NY/CA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location.