Education Business Partner / Technical Learning Architect (Professional Services),
Posted on 6/21/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Los Angeles, CA...
- 7+ years of experience delivering and creating technical training at Enterprise/SaaS companies
- 3+ years of experience building technical training programs or technical courses, upskilling customer facing roles by designing, creating, maintaining, and deploying hands-on technical learning modules, learning paths, accreditations or curriculums, and working with Technical L&D teams
- Understand the PS Consultants, Architects, and any other related PS role's main job tasks during the Customer engagements
- Knowledge of Splunk, monitoring, networking, and security; Enterprise software and Cloud technologies
- Proven ability to influence and closely partner with:
- The Professional Service leadership to ensure our enablement programs are meeting the needs of their organization programs and initiatives
- Subject Matter Experts and Content developers to create instructionally sound, engaging, and interactive technical enablement content
- Global Field Enablement team members who are creating sales enablement and Global Technical Enablement Product Portfolio Managers who focus on product-based learning experiences
- Education and Certification teams for Accreditation and Learning Paths development
- Proven ability to work independently with a “make it happen” attitude; able to operate and execute in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; problem solver and quick learner
- Experience with education technology such as learning management systems, sales enablement platforms, video services, content development tools, and virtual delivery platforms
- Strong technical, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to connect the dots organizationally, network effortlessly, influences various roles, levels, and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence
- Strong team player qualities
- Self-manages workload to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Serve as first point of contact for technical enablement for cross-functional leaders within the Professional Services organization, including partnering with our Partner network, Product and Technology organization, and the Education and Tech Enablement teams. Collaborating with internal PS leaders, managers, SMEs, technical enablement program managers
- Build and execute a strategic technical enablement plan for professional services to facilitate growth and development of consultants, architects, and other PS roles
- Design multi-tiered technical enablement programs that incorporate a blend of methods to maximize retention and adoption (i.e., onboarding, peer to peer community learning, hands-on workshops, on-demand tools, lab simulations, and playbooks)
- Define a holistic (technical and non-technical skills) enablement strategy, process and prioritized learning roadmap for persona-aligned programs/curricula/learning maps based on stakeholder needs, key learner requirements (critical competencies, skills, and abilities for success in role), business opportunity and goals
- Build an operating framework of measures and key KPI's to demonstrate the execution and business impact of the enablement strategy
- Drive the execution of the persona specific enablement across phased activities (e.g., design, development, delivery, evaluation) and life cycle of relevance - from onboarding to continuous learning and quarterly enablement plans
- Ensure release readiness for “owned” personas - ensuring systems, processes and needs are represented with Product Teams (Dev, PMO, Doc, QA) and Solution teams as part of new Product and Feature introductions
- Collaborate across the organization partnering closely with the Product Portfolio Manager, Technical Content Development team, subject matter experts and stakeholders who are critical to defining business requirements, technical and foundational skills frameworks, content, and materials and who will reinforce consistency, commitment and help reduce redundant efforts
- Analyze business and learner performance metrics to inform enablement strategy and to continuously improve quality of content, format, and delivery
- Become embedded in functional/persona teams to serve as a “trusted advisor” and ensure true understanding of both business and individual enablement needs
- Participate in persona-aligned staff meetings and interlocks to gather enablement requirements and feedback and to present quarterly business reviews
- Evangelize, communicate, and market enablement programs and initiatives through learning maps, Slack, portal updates, newsletters, quarterly webcasts, etc
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.