Senior – Ruby Backend Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Development Operations (DevOps)
- You are pragmatic in your approach to development, with a passion for clean, well-architected, well-tested, and performant code. You have the ability to make decisions on your own, as well as collaborate with other developers across teams
- You pride yourself on your ability to diagnose, debug and solve problems
- You are very familiar with working in Git, including rebase workflows
- You might have experience doing devops work, including responding to outages
- Work on a product that is used by millions of people and that is well known in the industry
- Complete intermediate-level projects with autonomy and more complicated projects working with other members of the team
- Implement the backend for new features for Pexels, from planning through to release. This generally involves designing data operations, wiring them up in our API, and writing automated tests in RSpec, as well as integrating with other engineering teams
- Identify bugs and performance issues, and devise solutions to these problems
- Take an active role in driving the architecture and technology used by Backend
- Participate in the code review process, both as a code author and as a reviewer
- You have 3+ years of Ruby development experience; prior experience with API development is a plus
- You have a strong understanding of MySQL, specifically with writing efficient and performant queries and identifying bottlenecks. Additional experience with ElasticSearch or Redis is a plus
Online design and publishing tool
Canva is on a mission to empower everyone in the world to design anything and publish anywhere.
- Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year. The rest, you choose where you work best.
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
Company Core Values
- Make complex things simple
- Set crazy goals and make them happen
- Be a force for good
- Empower others
- Pursue excellence
- Be a good human