Posted on 1/9/2023
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of prior leadership experience within manufacturing environment, either leading team, projects, or people
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills while managing multiple priorities
- 2+ years of NDE experience at Level II certification in line with ASNT/NAS 410 certification standards in multiple methods: at least 1 base method (i.e. dye pen, mag particle, visual) and 1 advanced method (ex. X-Ray, ultra sonics, eddy current, shearography, thermography)
- NDE Level III certification in at least 1 method
- 5+ years of aerospace experience
- Knowledge of NASA 5009 standards
- Knowledge of AMS, AWS/ASME, ASTM
- Knowledge and understanding of NAS 410 standards
- Problem solving tools and techniques: ex. 5 whys, failure mode and effects analysis, root cause analysis
- Knowledge and experience in lean manufacturing principles: ex. 5S, Kaizen, continuous improvement, DMAIC
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft office applications - Word, Power Point, Excel
- Experience in working with fracture critical products and parts
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of aerospace materials, manufacturing processes, assemblies, technique specific systems
- Able to lift 25 lbs unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist
- Willing to work extended hours and on weekends if needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Schedule and prioritize work flow management
- Act as the interface between the team and relevant production partners and customers
- Collaborate with the engineering and level 3 teams to support inspection requirements
- Manage inspector career development planning and certification training to meet inspection needs in the work center
- Assist in personnel hiring and sourcing recommendations
- Manage maintenance planning and scheduling for equipment and facilities
- Prioritize and increase inspection quality by deploying lean strategies, 5S, Kaizen and data driven metric development
- Ensure team maintains proficiency using inspection methods, automated systems, tooling, etc. that is relevant to the work center
- Interact with NDE engineering and R&D on seamless transitions with minimal productive impact
- Assist in the introduction of technological change
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.