Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 305,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
Mid-Market advertisers are foundational to a successful multi-billion dollar advertising business and in recognition of that, we are investing in the Mid-Market segment with the launch of the Nextdoor ACCELERATE sales organization.
Nextdoor ACCELERATE is a diverse, driven, and strategic group of salespeople focused on connecting brands with our community of neighbors through our growing portfolio of advertising products. The team culture mirrors the larger business focus, relying on building trusted relationships both internally as well as with our partners. ACCELERATE drives results for its brand partners while creating neighbor value. We’re a purpose-driven company and we’re recruiting like-minded sales professionals who are as passionate about customer value as they are professional growth, and building a culture of belonging.
The Impact You’ll Make with Nextdoor ACCELERATE
Nextdoor ACCELERATE helps advertisers by connecting them with our hyper-local community of neighbors across the United States through our native advertising platform. You will develop and build a pipeline and drive new business through the full sales cycle (from prospecting to closing). To succeed in this role, you will need a deep understanding of storytelling, experience with social and native advertising, and an expertise in digital marketing objectives. You are ambitious and thrive in a startup environment, with a demonstrated ability to build detailed sales and revenue generation plans, while also being able to roll up your sleeves and execute tactically.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop multi-funnel digital campaigns that clearly achieve advertiser objectives, while staying true to the Nextdoor brand and neighbor community
- Consistently meet or exceed revenue quotas
- Effectively manage client expectations and work with the Ad Solutions team to ensure successful campaign performance and client retention
- Provide thoughtful feedback to internal marketing, product and operations teams to drive business innovation
- Relentlessly pursue new prospects and sales opportunities
- Build relationships with key decision-makers across complex marketer and agency partners
- Manage a robust pipeline and accurately forecast revenue outcomes
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- 4+ years of experience in advertising sales and/or account management
- A history of securing new business partners exceeding ~$500k quarterly
- Experience with Salesforce and prospecting tools (e.g., LinkedIn, Pathmatics)
- Advanced sales, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of platform-based media buying, including marketing campaigns aimed at brand awareness as well as driving lower funnel consumer action
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- A passion for community building, to inspire a more inclusive team and diversity of thought, both at Nextdoor and in your own neighborhoods
Compensation, benefits, perks, and recognition programs at Nextdoor come together to create one overall rewards package.
The starting salary for this role is expected to range from $75,000 to $120,000 on an annualized basis, or potentially greater in the event that your ’level’ of proficiency exceeds the level expected for the role. Compensation may also vary by geography.
Importantly, the compensation for this role also includes a variable incentive component, which will vary depending on your achievement of sales-related goals and objectives.
We also expect to award a meaningful equity grant for this role. With equal quarterly vesting, your first vest date would be within the first 3 months of your start date.
Overall, total compensation will vary depending on your relevant skills, experience, and qualifications.
We have you covered! Nextdoor employees can choose between a variety of great health plans. We cover 100% of your personal monthly premium for health, dental, and vision – and provide a OneMedical membership for concierge care.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.