Director of Engineering
Posted on 6/29/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Integrate into Team Posh -- You will focus on building out your working network and get connected with your immediate group, the wider engineering team and the cross-functional teams including Product Management, Accounting, Data Analytics and Marketplace Operations
- Learn our product and technology stack - get familiar with various parts of Poshmark's Cloud Platform code base and infrastructure
- Lead a team -- You will directly manage and grow a team of engineers focused on payments, shipping, order processing and operations
- Create user-facing impact -- Enhance existing features and build new features that enable commerce experiences, for example, adding a new payment method/provider or shipping carrier/service
- Gain execution independence -- lead the design and implementation of new features with a high degree of independence
- Build domain expertise and ownership -- become technically knowledgeable in the area of Payments, Shipping and Order Processing so you can support and grow that area
- Build out and plan a strategy for technical improvements and operational efficiencies while balancing and servicing the product roadmap
- Focus on growing your team -- mentor and groom the emerging leaders on your team, and recruit new talent
- Overall responsibility for the Payments, Shipping and Order Processing infrastructure of the Cloud Platform team
- Design, architect and implement new payments, shipping and checkout features for the marketplace using a highly iterative and data-oriented approach
- Build, analyze, tune and enhance the core infrastructure that powers millions of e-commerce transactions
- Work closely with the product, marketplace operations and customer support teams to identify new opportunities and enable new commerce experiences to have a direct impact on our growing business
- Partner with Accounting, Finance, Business Systems and Data teams to ensure reliable delivery of e-commerce transaction data from our Cloud Platform and various third-party payment and shipping partners to our accounting systems
- Become an advocate for the team by promoting a culture of excellence, knowledge sharing, expanding the team's skill set, and focusing on Poshmark's growth and fun
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer and 5+ years leading/managing software engineering teams
- Relevant engineering experience in e-commerce, payments and/or shipping -- built prior integrations for payment processing, bank payouts, order processing, shipping services, order tracking/fulfillment
- Understanding of issues related to scalability and performance at all tiers of the application
- Proven skills in managing the full software development lifecycle with experience in any or all of: Ruby, JRuby, Java, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Linux
- Experience communicating effectively with cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Flexible nature to handle changing priorities, weekly software release cycles while maintaining a fun and light environment for the team
- User-oriented focus and obsession with quality
- B.A/B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
Social marketplace for new and secondhand style
Poshmark's mission is to put people at the heart of commerce, empowering everyone to thrive. The company is building a community marketplace.
- A comprehensive health care and benefit plan
- Health & wellness
- Remote work support
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Parental and family leave
- 401K plan
- Fun company parties and offsite events
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you're into.)
- Learning and development for career growth
- Focus on People: We focus first on people and are obsessed with empowering our team and our community to work together.
- Together We Grow: We support each other to strive for our dreams and have fun along the way.
- Lead with Love: Love fosters genuine connections and allows us to approach others with empathy and respect.
- Embrace Your Weirdness: Embracing our weirdness frees us to accept our own individuality as well as each other's.