Full Stack Engineer, Payment Intelligence
Posted on 5/28/2021
- Experience as a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- The ability to stitch together many different services and processes even if they have not worked with them before
- Empathy with their users and ability to be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Enjoyment in working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise
- Skills for upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Adding new functionality to the Stripe dashboard to help users run their business
- Building tools for exploring data from multiple sources in a single, easy-to-use portal
- Crafting and refining onboarding experiences to help users get to what they want faster, while balancing regulatory, risk, and compliance requirements
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Launch brand new products
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts product, design, infrastructure, and operations
- Some experience with or interest in learning about ML, which powers many of the products we work on
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Company Core Values
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious