Posted on 2/1/2022
Remote • New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years of experience in corporate transactional work, with a preference for at least 2 years of in-house legal experience with growing businesses, ideally with experience navigating commercial agreements with F500 customers
- Exceptional judgment and ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but careful analysis, seeking to provide the most effective solution
- You have an ownership mentality. We sweat the details, we work incredibly hard, we drive things to the very end
- You have superlative communication skills, and take great pleasure in distilling and expressing even the most complex ideas in a clear, straightforward way
- Ability to elicit and calibrate advice to client risk tolerance
- You have a J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent), with excellent academic credentials
- You have a license to practice law in the State of California or New York
- Draft, review, approve, and provide oversight of all company agreements, including key agreements relating to strategic partners, suppliers and vendors, customers, software and technology licensing, data, employment, consulting, etc
- Work closely with sales and customer success teams to negotiate, draft and finalize Master Subscription Agreements, Data Processing Addendums, Professional Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Nondisclosure Agreements, channel related agreements and other types of commercial agreements as required
- Coordinate with GTM leadership and cross-functional integration teams to create contract templates and negotiation playbooks as well as enhance contract processes and operations in support of a high volume of technology transactions
- Handle a variety of ad-hoc projects across the department supporting business, legal, and strategic corporate initiatives as needed
- Experience juggling multiple projects at once and delivering on time based on business priority
- Serve as a trusted partner to sales, customer success and renewals in supporting our customer base in add on and expansion opportunities while maintaining focus on continued customer success and satisfaction
Automation platform for businesses
Instabase is on a mission to democratize access to deep learning to empower any organization to solve unstructured data problems with unprecedented accuracy.
- Healthcare and Wellness - We marry the benefits of moving fast at a scaling startup with the stability of larger corporations. Instabase pays 100% of top tier employee medical, dental, vision plans and takes care of dependents. Instabase also offers an FSA company match.
- Financial Planning - Instabase believes in investing in you and your future by providing a company 401(k) match and financial planning resources.
- Family Planning - Every Instabaser is eligible for paid time off to care for their newborn or adopted child. We’ve also teamed up with Carrot Fertility to help support every Instabaser on their family forming journey.
- Paid Time Off - At Instabase, we believe in providing employees the ability to rest, reflect, and recharge through unlimited paid time off and holidays.
- Customer Obsessed - We always start with what is best for our customers and users -- that informs everything we do and our priorities. We must earn and maintain their trust, and invest in their long term success.
- A healthy disregard for the impossible - We go after problems that most others would consider impossible. In that pursuit, we take a long term view as we execute. We are fearlessly experimental, and we are not afraid of failure.
- We are a community - We’re connected to each other through our shared passion and dedication for the mission. We are here to win, and in that pursuit, we’ll empower, support, and help each other. We’ll be selfless in that undertaking.