Oak Brook, Illinois
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 11%
2 year growth↑ 13%
- Actively enrolled in an MBA program or pursuing another Master’s degree
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in software development
- Knowledge of design quality processes, risk management, and quality requirements
- Experience in data visualization tools and preparing dashboards, including Power BI
- Experience with collecting, reviewing, and synthesizing data and test report writing
- Experience with product development processes and APQP quality tools & methods
- Experience with Design and System level FMEA’s
- Ability to work from the Oakbrook, IL office 3 days a week
- Collaborate with product management stakeholders and new product development partners to define user experience (UX) requirements
- Evaluate and map existing value process stream to assure proper realization of User Experience (UX) requirements
- Execute analytic activities supporting solution development, including data gathering, cleansing, and reporting of User Experience requirement definition, completion, testing and validation in the form of reports and dashboards
About Chamberlain Group:
Chamberlain Group is a global leader in access solutions. Our leading brands like LiftMaster, Chamberlain, Merlin and Grifco are found in millions of homes and commercial applications across the globe. Our innovative products powered by the myQ digital ecosystem provide customers with smart access solutions to move safely through garages, homes, communities, businesses, and storage facilities.
At Chamberlain Group, we hire smart people to work on cool products for a connected world.
About our Internship Program:
At Chamberlain Group, our interns work on real, meaningful projects that are at the center of our business strategy and our company’s transformation. Our program offers you:
- Development & Skills Training: We offer informative workplace success sessions to hone your skills, covering topics from time management to effective communication.
- Networking: Events are open to interns and full-time employees to encourage early-career networking and guidance opportunities.
- Mentorship: You’ll be assigned a full-time employee as your mentor who will guide you throughout your program.
- Conversations with Leaders: Meet with and learn from our CEO and other leaders at CG through intimate and authentic Q&A sessions.
- Community Giving: Attend volunteer outings with other interns to give back in the community.
The Global Quality team at Chamberlain Group is looking for an enthusiastic MBA/GradSoftware Product Engineer intern to lead the design, development, and deployment of Quality assurance tools supporting CG’s strategic new product development efforts.
During the 12-week program, you will partner with the product development team as it continues to drive connectivity advancements alongside access solution products and myQ digital platform services. You will initiate, manage, and deliver a project, including value stream mapping the process to assure that user experience (UX) requirements are incorporated to the Design Assurance Quality planning protocols and document the resulting improvements to the existing processes.Upon completion of the project, you will have the opportunity to present your results and findings to Chamberlain’s Executive Leadership Team.
Collaborate with product management stakeholders and new product development partners to define user experience (UX) requirements and to identify and define critical to Quality attributes
Evaluate and map existing value process stream to assure proper realization of User Experience (UX) requirements
Execute analytic activities supporting solution development, including data gathering, cleansing, and reporting of User Experience requirement definition, completion, testing and validation in the form of reports and dashboards
Actively enrolled in an MBA program or pursuing another Master’s degree with a strong foundation in software development demonstrated through 2+ years of relevant professional experience
Knowledge of design quality processes, risk management, and quality requirements, e.g., design inputs, outputs, verification, validation, etc.
Knowledge of software validation tools, methodologies and protocols
Experience in data visualization tools, and preparing dashboards, includingPower BI
Experience with collecting, reviewing and synthesizing data and test report writing
Experience with product development processes (e.g. phase gate structured)
Experience with APQP quality tools & methods
Experience with Design and System level FMEA’s
Must be able to work from our Oakbrook, IL office (15 miles west of Chicago) 3 days a week
We are currently only considering applicants for internship and co-op positions who do not require employment sponsorship now or in the future. Candidates working on OPT authorization will not be considered.
Chamberlain Group wants all of its employees to succeed and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and you’ll be considered for this role regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We’re committed to fostering an environment where people of all lived experiences feel welcome.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence [email protected].