Senior Aerospace Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Newport Beach, CA, USA
- BS in aerospace, mechanical engineering or related field
- 7+ years of mechanical/aerospace experience in a professional setting
- Strong understanding and experience developing air vehicle conceptual designs and transitioning them to flying and deployable systems. Experience developing parametric aircraft sizing tools
- Familiarity with key aircraft subsystems and their development methods, including aero-performance, stability and control, structures, avionics, propulsion and fuel, etc
- Experience with prototype composite and aluminum airframe manufacturing methods
- Experience on aircraft flight lines including systems integration, ground test, and flight envelope expansion
- Passion for aircraft and aviation development demonstrated through air racing, aircraft homebuilding, pilot's license, A&P license or similar experience
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Execute the development of new air vehicles, from initial concept through deployment
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert for aircraft engineering teams
- Develop air vehicle CONOPs, conceptual designs, and configuration layouts by balancing performance implications from different subsystems (aero, structures, propulsion, avionics, and payloads)
- Develop aircraft level Key Performance Parameters and flowed down requirements to each sub-system to hit them, along with System Owners
- Execute aircraft, airframe and subsystem detailed design and fabrication as required
- Support system test by developing sub-system and system level ground and flight test plans to efficiently and safely expand the flight envelope and validate performance requirements
- Grow and strengthen key team skillsets to enable future air vehicle development programs
- Develop aircraft design and test methodologies and best practices to enable scaling development capabilities to larger, more complex air vehicles
- Use first principles physics as a basis for every decision
- Travel to test sites as needed
- Experience in Solidworks/NX/Teamcenter
- Ability to integrate electronic components into mechanical designs (motors, controllers, sensors etc.)
- Experience with machining, sheet metal, injection molding, and 3D printing
Technology products for defense & national security
Anduril's mission is to transform US & allied military capabilities with advanced technology.
- Full Family Health Coverage
- 16 Weeks Paid Leave for All Caregivers
- Family Planning & Support
- Incentivized Time Off
- Mental Health Resources
- Financial Planning
- Unlimited Provisions
- Professional Development
Company Core Values
- Impact - Everyone at Anduril has the ability to be a catalyst. You will be encouraged to make your mark from day 1 and be supported every day after.
- Autonomy - Self-motivation is a key component to success. We encourage you to cultivate your ideas, and show, don’t tell. We’re ready whenever you are.
- Speed - We move incredibly fast and welcome people who embrace the quick-paced nature of our work. It is not uncommon for an idea on a Monday to be a prototype by Friday. We ship in weeks, not years.
- Culture - Our team is a collective of intelligent and curious individuals who share the common goal of creating a safer tomorrow - and living balanced, fulfilled lives while doing so.