Updated on 11/13/2023
Manufactures next-generation all-electric trucks and SUVs
Scout Motors Inc. is a company that not only values its rich heritage but also embraces the future, as evidenced by its commitment to developing the next generation of all-electric trucks and rugged SUVs. The company's culture is deeply rooted in exploration, hard work, and community, fostering an environment where employees are encouraged to be visionaries and leaders. With a competitive edge in the electric vehicle industry, Scout Motors is leading the charge by reimagining an American icon and creating jobs, making it an exciting and rewarding place to work.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 211%
1 year growth↑ 1300%
2 year growth↑ 1300%
Columbia, SC, USA
IT & Security
- 1-4 years in purchasing environment with experience developing and executing procurement category strategies
- A reputation for developing and nurturing excellent stakeholder and partner supplier relationships
- Experience managing supplier performance
- Program management experience
- Thorough knowledge of automotive, manufacturing or related industries
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization
- Proactivity, initiative and the ability to work across multiple workstreams
- A passion for creating something new
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems
- A collaborative approach - working as a team to achieve ambitious goals
- Work hand-in-hand with the Scout team to identify the right suppliers to build and supply parts & services, including participating in pre-souring audits to confirm acceptability of new suppliers.
- Establish sourcing strategy for assigned commodities and product groups, lead the sourcing process up to and including contract award
- Act as program manager during the pre-production phase, ensuring that all industrialization at suppliers achieve the project requirements in terms of timing, cost, and quality.
- Evaluate and apply technical changes to parts / services, ensuring that cost, quality and delivery objectives are met
- Lead cross-functional evaluation of suppliers’ preparedness for mass-production, together with Scout Quality, Engineering, and Logistics teams.
- Prepare and execute negotiated contractual documents and nomination agreements.
- Knowledge of all-electric vehicles and their components
- Experience in the pick-up truck & rugged SUV marketplace
- Experience with sourcing and procurement in the automotive industry