Posted on 3/28/2022
- 10+ Years in leading and implementing large scale data warehousing
- 10+ years in developing BI solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or experience in a related field
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework
- Experience with data warehousing designs/concepts such as star and snowflake schemas
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies, Synapse, web services, & API at rest
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology
- Knowledge of data mapping/analysis
- Experience in supporting ETL efforts for Business Intelligence (BI) projects
- Microsoft tool set for data extraction and manipulation
- Strong understanding of data recovery and job rerun needs in an ETL environment
- Strong experience with SQL, mapping, and integration of MPP databases such as Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle, & Neoview
- Proficiency writing scripts using Oracle PL/SQL
- Proficiency in extracting data from multiple data source and automate ETL solutions and data migration jobs
- Knowledge of when to use plain SQL vs. PL/SQL
- Working knowledge with analyzing and developing optimal code to maintain high performance for processing large volumes of data
- Hands on experience with data warehouse Business Intelligence (BI) / Management Information (MI) reporting environment. Knowledge in both client-server and mainframe-based systems and the connectivity/infrastructure requirements to support, design, develop and implement such systems
- Experience working with enterprise data warehouses
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.