Software Engineer Intern, Machine Learning (PhD)
Posted on 8/30/2021
Data Structures & Algorithms
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related field
- Research experience in a relevant field, such as machine learning, NLP, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, signal processing, data mining, artificial intelligence, or computer vision
- Experience in systems software or algorithms
- Experience in C/C++, Java, Perl, or PHP
- Experience in scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, Python, and shell scripts
- Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or Mapreduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Experience with cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or PhD papers
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, regression, and rules-based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Perform specific responsibilities which vary by team
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Company Core Values
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.